Weight Distribution vs Movement under Braking

• Thread starter SlamCity
  • 1 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
SlamCitySkates
Hi, A real newb question Im afraid, but im trying to get my head around the Physics so I can fine tune a set up for the GT by CITREON ROAD CAR.

Ive been playing around with this car for a few days now and it behaves badly under braking when you add power to it. I can adjust my braking style to make it driveable under time trial conditions, but have little confidence in the car under a racing scenario.

However, I put 80 kilos in its nose to stop it launching itself on the elevations of Deep Forest and it had the added bonus effect of eliminating most of its instability under braking. I was able to replicate its stable braking at Mount Fuji and can even race with it at Suzuka, which was unthinkable a day ago! Could somebody be kind enough to explain in idiot (i.e. me!) terms how the new weight distribution is effecting the braking stability, and how I can replicate the results without the 80 kilos ballast. I dont want to turn the car into a totally different car.

I think eventually I would like to achieve the following:
1. Removal of the ballast at Fuji and Suzuka (I would most likely keep it at Deep Forest)
2. Add the power gained from the final stage engine tune (I am at stage 2 at the moment with a Low RPM turbo)

But currently, the effect of any suspension or brake bias changes I make vary from negligable to disastrous.

Back