Weird 92 GTO

OK, Can someone tell me if this makes any since at all? I have this 92' GTO with a Dynode 915 HP and 733.4 ft-lbs of torque. It has been lightened to the point that the curb weight is only 778 lbs. The car is a hybrid of the 92' GTO. It has the suspension, tires, front and rear stabilizers, and transmission of the GTO LM.
It has the Rom, Port and Polish, and Engine Balance of the Honda Civic Racer. It has the race exhaust system of the 92 GTO, the race Intercooler and the overbore of a Nissan Skyline GT-R, the Stage 1 Turbocharger of the Demio LX , All the rest of the parts are from the 92’ GTO, the driveshaft, clutch, flywheel, etc. It has been lightened to the point that the curb weight is only 778 lbs.

Now to the part that isn’t making since, the car runs a 400 Meter in 0:07:799, the 1000 Meter in 0:13:473 with a 3:08 to 1 final gear ratio and 0.793 7th gear. The car rockets up to 250 MPH then here is the weird part, it starts slowing down even before you hit the number one turn on the test course. By the time you hit the turn you have slowed down enough that you drop down to 6th gear. By the time you come out of the number 2 turn you are in 5th gear and slowed to 158 mph. When it weighed around 1400 lbs it slowed down in the turn to the mid 190’s but not this much with it lighter.

I have done just about everything I can think of to fix this. I have raised the car, lowered the car, adjusted the stabilizers to every setting that they have as well as the dampers. Since it starts slowing down while it is still going in a straight flat line I don’t think it is a problem with the springs, camber, or brakes since I don’t have to touch the breaks for it to slow down. The downforce is where it normally is at for this car in full race mod. 0.62 front and 0.82 rear. Anyone have any ideas of where the problem might be?

Had same problem with 1800hp Concept Car, raise the final drive to about 3.35, if that doesnt work, go to 3.5, if its still slows when fd is 3.8, its a problem. If you're using a manual, don't shift to 7th in a corneq, wait till exit.

Had same problem with 1800hp Concept Car, raise the final drive to about 3.35, if that doesnt work, go to 3.5, if its still slows when fd is 3.8, its a problem. If you're using a manual, don't shift to 7th in a corneq, wait till exit.

It isn't a gear problem I have not only adjusted the final but also used those same gear setup on car with a lot more HP and a lot less HP and it has worked fine for me it has something to do with the weight. For some reason when you lighten this car or many other cars for that matter to the point that it has a higher HP than it has weight it ether becomes unstable with the stock setup or drives weird. But this is the first time it has slowed down like it is doing in a straight line and be no where near red lining.

Sorry I can't be of real help, but this sounds very familiar. Try searching through the forums more to see if you can find what I'm kind of remembering. Maybe even the GT2 forum, would that make sense, hybriding guys?

OK, Can someone tell me if this makes any since at all? I have this 92' GTO with a Dynode 915 HP and 733.4 ft-lbs of torque. It has been lightened to the point that the curb weight is only 778 lbs.

I think you mean 778 kg. Ha ha.

The car is a hybrid of the 92' GTO. It has the suspension, tires, front and rear stabilizers, and transmission of the GTO LM.
It has the Rom, Port and Polish, and Engine Balance of the Honda Civic Racer. It has the race exhaust system of the 92 GTO, the race Intercooler and the overbore of a Nissan Skyline GT-R, the Stage 1 Turbocharger of the Demio LX , All the rest of the parts are from the 92’ GTO, the driveshaft, clutch, flywheel, etc. It has been lightened to the point that the curb weight is only 778 lbs.

Now to the part that isn’t making since, the car runs a 400 Meter in 0:07:799, the 1000 Meter in 0:13:473 with a 3:08 to 1 final gear ratio and 0.793 7th gear. The car rockets up to 250 MPH then here is the weird part, it starts slowing down even before you hit the number one turn on the test course. By the time you hit the turn you have slowed down enough that you drop down to 6th gear. By the time you come out of the number 2 turn you are in 5th gear and slowed to 158 mph. When it weighed around 1400 lbs it slowed down in the turn to the mid 190’s but not this much with it lighter.

I have done just about everything I can think of to fix this. I have raised the car, lowered the car, adjusted the stabilizers to every setting that they have as well as the dampers. Since it starts slowing down while it is still going in a straight flat line I don’t think it is a problem with the springs, camber, or brakes since I don’t have to touch the breaks for it to slow down. The downforce is where it normally is at for this car in full race mod. 0.62 front and 0.82 rear. Anyone have any ideas of where the problem might be?

Coming into this discussion a bit late, but since it's a hybrid, it could be something goofy that would not normally appear in the game.

Perhaps it's something screwy with the suspension? Ever driven the purple or yellow Concept Car? Notice how when stock, the dampers are set really high and the suspension gets choppy at higher speeds? Try tuning the suspension softer, starting with lower damper settings. That might help address the speed loss issue. If not, it's probably some hybrid related issue that I know nothing about. If this doesn't work, try an entirely different suspension on an exact copy of the car but with other suspension.

-Naveek

Last edited:
Unfortunately, the OP hasn't been back to GTP since late 2010, so he'll likely never get your message. I've never hybrided, but from what I've read, there are a few bizarre quirks which more likely explain what he was experiencing...

Back