Weird Drag tunings

• Thread starter fbccars924
  • 15 comments
United States
Alton, Illinois
big_noobowski924
Just like what it says in the name. Post up the weird tunings you have encountered or have used. For example I have two SRT Vipers (1 Coupe, 1 ACR) that are tranny flipped to a ridiculously high gear set allowing 3-4gears and getting 155-160mph traps at Indy.

McLaren mp4-12c, you can get away with using 2nd to 6th and Indy and not use 1st or 7th, but shifting to 7th does help for a wee bit better pull in the last 10 meters or so, at least with my tune.

Many of the 15 second or slower cars break all the suspension stereotypes.

The Aventador. You can tune for 1/4 or 1000m and your 1/4 time can/will be within .02..

Also some classic muscle you will run into unusual ride heights and/or camber angles.

McLaren mp4-12c, you can get away with using 2nd to 6th and Indy and not use 1st or 7th, but shifting to 7th does help for a wee bit better pull in the last 10 meters or so, at least with my tune.

Many of the 15 second or slower cars break all the suspension stereotypes.

That's sorta like my ACR. Indy is actually an 1/8th mile so 1-3rd and running up to 155mph(~160 with a good launch). It will get to 5th and top out at 246mph on SSR7. It's competitive on the 1000m not so much on the 1/8th and 1/4th mile. So Tunnel drags are a wash being I can run 1st to 85mph, that being said second goes out to ~140mph and 3rd to a touch under 190mph. so by time their in fifth fixin to hit 6th I'm only in 3rd with 4th and 5th to go and 6th if I can draft an X1.

Can I just say the VW 1200 in general first off its mid range turbo then the way you have to tune the transmission is CRAZY and its shifting is NO FUN hahaha

^See, it still doesn't feel even that long given the front stretch is around 1/2 mile it just feels wayyyy shorter

I know that's what I meant. the "drag strip" portion of Indy is much shorter than 1/2 mile and feels shorter than 1/4 mile. Idk, still fun to make pulls.

I know that's what I meant. the "drag strip" portion of Indy is much shorter than 1/2 mile and feels shorter than 1/4 mile. Idk, still fun to make pulls.
Sorry wasn't sure what you meant...
Yeah i agree my 83 lancer has a weird suspension setup for a awd car.

Chequea el toe del S dos mil tuyo... Lol, I haven't played with that one just yet, the one you send me.

Back