weird drivetrains?

• Thread starter TheBulitt
  • 8 comments
are there any drivetrains that will give me an automatic transmission effect? like a CVT or 3 speed with a torque converter I just dreamt of having a ford 5.0L turbo rx7 with a true automatic to keep the boost going instead of falling on its face between gears... oh well just a thought, if anyone even reads this still, anyone who knows what they're doing that is.

to my knowledge there's only one true automatic tranny and it's the seven speed one in Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren .. or SL 65 AMG (R230), not sure which one had it.
It's possible to leave out those extra gears so a 3 speed one should be possible, I'll try it later tonight

to my knowledge there's only one true automatic tranny and it's the seven speed one in Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren .. or SL 65 AMG (R230), not sure which one had it.
It's possible to leave out those extra gears so a 3 speed one should be possible, I'll try it later tonight

the only 3-speeders are the Chapparal 2D and 2J race cars(that i know of).

I tried out the SLR Mclaren and the AMG SL 65 and they both are very "manual"
I meant something like the prius that slips... the chapparal 2J was decent but it was still just a 3 speed manual although I do like how the 2nd and 3rd gears are close to 1st but still 1st is a bogggggg my moms watchin a movie on it right now but Im gonna try later to put the chapparal 2J drivetrain into an FC RX7 best I can rip off with the 1500+100 NOS 5.0L single turbo is low 9.0's and some hiiiigh 8.90's but I know with that kinda horsepower I should be in the low 8's its because I cant get it to launch with any kind of rpm. There is only 2 choices, drop it from 1/2 throttle no NOS or NOS it at 1/3 throttle at dump then with the first choice ya hafta push it to full throttle almost immediately then let off to 3/4 around 4000rpm then shift at 5000 then full throttle 2nd into nitrous 3rd or you can hold nitrous the whole way and modulate the throttle in 2nd and punch it in 3rd... its very hard once you get into the 9's with any car :)

what exactly was the problem with the PRIUS "drivetrain" isnt the "engine" just the COMBO of the electric and gas or is the drivetrain what makes the electric?? cuz a CVT like that would be perfect just change the gear ratios and boom it works great in the 400M, just ease it out off the line then around 30 or 40mph just walk it and watch the turbos spool and gone as it seems like true to life the combination of nitrous and turbo on a V8 engine creates massive acceleration :)

Last edited:
I meant something like the prius that slips... the chapparal 2J was decent but it was still just a 3 speed manual although I do like how the 2nd and 3rd gears are close to 1st but still 1st is a bogggggg my moms watchin a movie on it right now but Im gonna try later to put the chapparal 2J drivetrain into an FC RX7 best I can rip off with the 1500+100 NOS 5.0L single turbo is low 9.0's and some hiiiigh 8.90's but I know with that kinda horsepower I should be in the low 8's its because I cant get it to launch with any kind of rpm. There is only 2 choices, drop it from 1/2 throttle no NOS or NOS it at 1/3 throttle at dump then with the first choice ya hafta push it to full throttle almost immediately then let off to 3/4 around 4000rpm then shift at 5000 then full throttle 2nd into nitrous 3rd or you can hold nitrous the whole way and modulate the throttle in 2nd and punch it in 3rd... its very hard once you get into the 9's with any car :)

So.. are you saying that you can't get a hybrid 1500´BHP 100 NOS RX-7 FC
break into low 8's as a non hybrid Viper STR10 and Cerbera Speed 12 get low 8's easy..

I meant something like the prius that slips...

Dang :ouch:
Sorry my bad, I forgot that they just shift seamlessly and I thought that was what you wanted.
Only the Prius has a transmission that allows slipping, it's pretty useless in high power cars though..
I tried once to make a 4wd 600HP rally car with Prius tranny, but it ended up feeling like a 150HP one.. the top speed was well over 200mph though

Dang :ouch:
Sorry my bad, I forgot that they just shift seamlessly and I thought that was what you wanted.
Only the Prius has a transmission that allows slipping, it's pretty useless in high power cars though..
I tried once to make a 4wd 600HP rally car with Prius tranny, but it ended up feeling like a 150HP one.. the top speed was well over 200mph though

i can haz 4wd 600bhp prius rally car?

sorry for the LOLspeak, but can i get that Group B PRIUS please?

I'm working on it.. I just don't understand how the suspension works in GT4, I can't get the le mans midget work no matter what.
"Standard" values actually work but it looks stupid when the tires are sticking through the body and diving through the ground.. How important the look is for you? :D Sacrifying some looks will make everything easier

Back