- 12,299

- Ealing-London
I got home late last night and caught the last 20 mins of a film in which the finale was a football match (Soccer). It was quite an old film and was set in wartime france I think, and was between allied and german teams.
The captain of the team was a much younger Michael Caine. I thought this was a normal old English film that was about the Brits beating the Germans at footy. But then it got a bit weird.
The Germans took a shot on goal, so the keeper dives to save it. When he gets up IT'S SLY STALLONE! what the hell is he doing in an old English movie about football? A few minuites later, a guy gets up off the bench (having apparently been injured earlier in the game) and asks to be put back on. As he is running on to the pitch, i notice, IT'S FREAKING PELE!!!!! So he runs around doing his skill whilst being repeatedly punched in the ribs by German players!
The football is done really well and doesnt look like its choreographed. I think they just got all the actors to have a serious game and film it.
Has anyone heard of this movie or know what it's called?
The captain of the team was a much younger Michael Caine. I thought this was a normal old English film that was about the Brits beating the Germans at footy. But then it got a bit weird.
The Germans took a shot on goal, so the keeper dives to save it. When he gets up IT'S SLY STALLONE! what the hell is he doing in an old English movie about football? A few minuites later, a guy gets up off the bench (having apparently been injured earlier in the game) and asks to be put back on. As he is running on to the pitch, i notice, IT'S FREAKING PELE!!!!! So he runs around doing his skill whilst being repeatedly punched in the ribs by German players!
The football is done really well and doesnt look like its choreographed. I think they just got all the actors to have a serious game and film it.
Has anyone heard of this movie or know what it's called?