Weird glitch

  • Thread starter Thread starter rosckolove
  • 8 comments
  • 868 views
Messages
1,804
United States
Pennsylvania
Messages
dayofwar2009
Messages
PSN#2 Roob_OG
This has happened twice now. I navigate through PS menu fine, and the game menu fine. But when I get on track none of my buttons work on my DS3. The sticks work. But none of the buttons do when I'm on track. I can still navigate the menu and such but not on track. What gives?
 
The only time I see anything similar is when I have left my usb cable for my wheel plugged into the ps3.

Does restarting the ps3 help?
Does plugging the ds3 into the ps3 to recouple it fix the problem?
Is your controller set to 1?
If your controller is set to 1 check the button mapping in options.
 
Guys I said the sticks work, I can shift and steer, but no R2 accelleration, or X e brake. I can navigate the menu fine. Its just the push buttons on track.

Ofcourse I have checked if the controller was set to 1. Turning the controller off, or switching to a new controller. None of it helps. I have to exit the game and restart it. Kind of annoying and time consuming. Any Idea's how to prevent it
 
Yes o.k, but you can set the controller up to use different buttons. The default setting use the right stick for throttle and brakes. Perhaps trying to reset the your button mapping.

Also, my DS3 does something like this when it needs charging.

Sorry, that's all I have.
 
OK. But button mapping wouldn't be the problem if I restart the game without ever re mapping them and then they work fine, as I stated.

Did it one time with almost a full charge...

I guess its so rare there isn't a fix yet. Ohwell doesn't happen to often.
 
Since you didn't bother to post what troubleshooting steps you took we had to waste our time posting the obvious solutions. You also tossed all the ideas to the side instead of trying them. Sounds to me like you don't need help. You just want to complain to and at those that tried to help.
 
Yes. I am here just to complain.....

Make sure my controller is on 1? Really dude? I stated the sticks worked, there for eliminating that from being the problem. Even though that cant be the problem you still want me to check it, again? I also said the ONLY thing that fixes it is restarting the game.

I already know how to fix it, I want to know if anyone knows how to prevent it.

All snide remarks aside, I appreciate the replys.
 
Since I don't know you and my crystal ball is getting repaired I had to post the obvious fixes. When troubleshooting a problem sometimes it's the simple things that fix the problem.

I had a weird intermittent problem at the beginning of a race where it would kick me out to the XMB. Someone suggested booting into safe mode and doing a "Restore File System" and afterwards updating the PS3. It fixed my problem. It's worth a try and it sure beats reinstalling the game.

I would tell you to back up your data first but I would probably get a "Really Dude?" as a response :lol:.

P.S. I prefer to be called Mr. Dude :cool: :D

P.S.S. Accessing safe mode. http://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1488
 
Last edited:
Back