Weird Max HP limit for races

• Thread starter gkp00co
  • 2 comments
Does anyone out there have any theories (or better yet, actually know) why the races have such strange HP limits? I mean, 394, 493, and 591 HP? 591???!!!??? Why not 592 or better yet 590 or 600???

And of course we all know that these limits are not the *actual* limits, as you can race with a touch more...

I've got a theory that has to do with a conversion between English and Metric Horsepower that seems to compare well against the available data, but I'd like to see if anyone else out there has any ideas.

GKP

You're right, it's because the Japanese measure power is Ps, not HP. Ps is very close to HP ( i found a chart at one poit, but it's about 1.1:1), so the ~591HP races were priginally 600Ps. That's the same reason you can go slightly over, because the conversion isn't EXACTLY 591.

I'm showing the conversion from HP to Ps as 1.0139:1 and, as I said, the arithmetic gets you *very* close to nice, even HP limits for the races when pumped through this number (296HP * 1.0139 = 300.1, 591HP * 1.0139 = 399.2). Since the displayed limits are integer values, it is possible that the fractional values would (if displayed) wield spot-on results...

GKP

Back