Weird one - T300 RS GT set vs Logitech Pro Racing set for absolute beginner

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
This is a weird one, I have ADHD and I've gone down a simracing hyper focus rabbit hole. Recently got a PSVR2 and it has been transformative for GT7. Wanted to get a wheel, and this is where the rabbit hole begins.

I ordered the Logitech Pro Wheel and Pedals and have that arriving tomorrow. Then had a minor breakdown around "holy **** thats so much money to spend on a hobby I don't know I'll like" and reserved a Thrustmaster T300 RS GT as a local store.

So weird comparison I know, but any thoughts on the T300 package vs Logitech Pro package for an absolute beginner?

This is a weird one, I have ADHD and I've gone down a simracing hyper focus rabbit hole. Recently got a PSVR2 and it has been transformative for GT7. Wanted to get a wheel, and this is where the rabbit hole begins.

I ordered the Logitech Pro Wheel and Pedals and have that arriving tomorrow. Then had a minor breakdown around "holy **** thats so much money to spend on a hobby I don't know I'll like" and reserved a Thrustmaster T300 RS GT as a local store.

So weird comparison I know, but any thoughts on the T300 package vs Logitech Pro package for an absolute beginner?
Buy once and buy right, keep the logi pro, direct drive the only way to go.

I think the Logitech Pro is what the heart wants - the wallet is just not so sure. It's striking a balance between not buying crap because if I super enjoy it, I don't want a crap wheel, but not wanting to blow the bank on something I don't use all that often.

Could always sell the wheel if I don't use it I guess.

I think the Logitech Pro is what the heart wants - the wallet is just not so sure.
I was like that, for a few months actually. Once I put a gag on the wallet the problem was solved. Although there might be a bit of mumbling when I remove the gag to pay the credit card. 🙂

And I'm enjoying the wheel. It's a very well made, lovely piece of kit.

The one thing I'll add is that you do need something sturdy to mount it to. Having such a powerful drive wobbling around will not be good - or safe. Plus the load cell peddles will also need to be secured somehow, perhaps against a wall. The one answer to both problems is to get a rig, but that's another rabbit hole to go down! 😉

Last edited:
Jumped in with both feet and got the Pro.

Don't have much to compare it to, but, christ, this is so much fun.

Thanks for the help all!

lDOVITG69ywcJoCFDFH33m_rel4WqRRfhnPwtipr0Yw.jpg

Last edited:
Jumped in with both feet and got the Pro.

Don't have much to compare it to, but, christ, this is so much fun.

Thanks for the help all!

View attachment 1242424

Do you have any stability problems with this stand and the pro? I have the same stand with the 923 and want to upgrade to the pro and the trophy seat but it's just to much at all once.

Latest Posts

Back