Weird race in B-Spec Formula GT

  • Thread starter Thread starter Phil89
  • 2 comments
  • 2,667 views
Messages
13
Ok, so I'm doing the Formula GT series in B-Spec and after winning the first 4 races I got up to the Monza wet race.

Before the race I went into driving settings and changed the tyres to racing wets.

My driver got a good start as all the opponents spun their wheels. I thought they might have been on racing intermediates, until half way around the track I saw they were still near the second corner.

Seems they all starting on racing hards. So I got a huge advantage on the first lap and they had to pit in to change their tyres.

About 2/3 of the way through the race, they all pitted and put on racing hards. My guy pitted in as well, but luckily I was watching and selected intermediate's.

I was surprised because the weather hadn't really changed at all and it was still raining.

Predictably they all started spinning out on every corner. 4 or 5 got stuck at the first chicane. :lol:

Every lap my driver wanted to pit in. So I had to 'cancel pit in' every lap till the end. Slightly annoying.

I ended up winning easily in the end. Lapped some of them 3 times. :dopey:


Has anything like this happened to anyone else before?
 
That sounds hilarious.

I had the reverse in A-Spec. I kept spinning out as I had no traction and they had perfect traction like they were in the dry.

Did you experience the AI spinning out on the final chicane on Nurburgring/GP? Every lap the AI was constantly spinning even though it was dry.

This championship is certainly strange. :D , but I failed it. :(
 
Did you experience the AI spinning out on the final chicane on Nurburgring/GP? Every lap the AI was constantly spinning even though it was dry.

They tend to do that all the time in that chicane for some reason, at least 4-5 cars per lap if not more. I finished it in B-Spec last night and won after lapping everyone.

Annoying in A-Spec though because I usually got a good lead after them spinning out, and I kept pushing fast and consistent lap times, but they catched me pretty quick anyway. But they couldn't pass because they weren't faster than me. So they shouldn't have been able to catch me in the first place!
 
Back