Weird thing going on with the Subaru VGT's top speed at Route X.

• Thread starter MIE1992
  • 15 comments
United States
Connecticut
Ridley-X4
So at the campaign race where you do two laps around Route X with other VGTs, I noticed something odd with the Subaru VGT. I think it may be intended, but I'm not sure. Sometime after completing the first lap, regardless of what I've set my top speed to be, the car will begin to slow down to around 199mph, and it will not increase in speed, even when it may be in slipstreaming range. I wonder if this is a bug, or if it's something to do with the Subaru VGT's power system; being a VGT could easily mean it has a very unusual system.

So at the campaign race where you do two laps around Route X with other VGTs, I noticed something odd with the Subaru VGT. I think it may be intended, but I'm not sure. Sometime after completing the first lap, regardless of what I've set my top speed to be, the car will begin to slow down to around 199mph, and it will not increase in speed, even when it may be in slipstreaming range. I wonder if this is a bug, or if it's something to do with the Subaru VGT's power system; being a VGT could easily mean it has a very unusual system.
Its a hybrid and it runs out of power. Also, the hybrid system is tied to a torque vectoring AWD system which is why the car sort of drives like its FF sometimes.

I had to do that race a bunch of times, yesterday. I was using the Volkswagen convertible, and had to try several transmission settings, before getting the top speed that I needed. I finally thought I had it won, as I had about a 6 second lead in the final turn, when all of a sudden, the power cut out and dropped me down to about 120 mph. I got passed, and lost the race. I've never had that happen before, and have no clue what caused it.

It might be a weird bug at that track.

What's a winning car for this challenge?

I'm looking at just the top speed... going by their rating system its the Mercedes VGT?

I was having a hard time as well with the Subaru Viziv GT VGT the other day. The car went somewhere near 210 MPH and then went down to 187 MPH. I brought the Nissan Concept 2020 VGT and won. I searched on YouTube and saw a person using the concept car.

Its a hybrid and it runs out of power. Also, the hybrid system is tied to a torque vectoring AWD system which is why the car sort of drives like its FF sometimes.

Can one hypothetically recharge the hybrid system via pitting?

I think its only through braking that you can regenerate, although sitting still also worked in GT6.

Ah, so it sounds like it uses a KERS-like mechanic. Also, what about that other commenter who mentioned using the VW GTI Roadster VGT? Is it a hybrid as well? And how do other hybrids work that may not have the ability to regenerate charge via braking? Like, could they pit when they run out of energy? And what about all-electric cars like the BMW i8 or the Tesla Model S? Does the fuel gauge effectively measure the remaining charge, then?

Is there also any real way to tell when a car's hybrid system is in effect? What about KERS? Do cars that can use a KERS already have some energy when starting an event, or only after some braking during the event?

As noted before, GT6 had a good hybrid indication system where it showed you the battery level AND whether power was going IN or OUT of the battery. This is now gone in GTS.

I believe either the TS030 or 05 has a battery indicator (of sorts ) in cockpit view that works (I dont have either of these cars).

I won with the VW. Because there's no real cornering, use minimum downforce, no camber and no toe in or out. Then just tweak the gear ratio.

The same thing happens with the LaFerrari and the Nissan Vision car, where a few moments after reaching their top speed they’ll back out because of their KERS or similar system.

I managed to do the SSRX Vision GT race with the Alpine Vision GT (non-Race Mode), last I remember it hits 330-340 km/h (205-211 mph) on its stock transmission either with or without drafting.

Back