Weird X2014 Junior sound glitch

  • Thread starter Thread starter Firminator
  • 7 comments
  • 1,021 views
Messages
92
Messages
sniperfir128
Hey,

Was starting a race at Bathurst when I noticed that the X2014 lost its signature growl and sounded like a Prius. Here's a video (turn up volume)



Sorry wasn't really driving since I was using my hand to hold the phone. Weirdly when i went to look at a replay the sound was back to normal. Maybe the X2014 doesn't sound so great after all :D
 
I had this happen to me during a rerun of the X2014 Junior Championship at the Rome circuit. I had something weird happen too. I could hear the closest AI cars like I was in them. Really throws you off.
 
I've had a few restarts where the car's sound has just been the whine but none of the usual engine sounds but it kicked back in again shortly thereafter - it happened to a few different ones but I haven't had it happen recently.
 
Happened to me today round Matterhorn on the American Classics Race. Using Shelby GT350, from what I can remember though I could hear the engine when you lift off the accelerator. Only cuts out when you put your foot down.
 
Happens with pretty much every car at one point or another, the throttle sounds don't seem to load properly and you only get the gearbox whine, road noise and wind noise. I hope they'll fix it, when it happens in a championship race you cant restart the race to fix it so you have to struggle round with no engine sounds which in some cars makes them really hard to drive.
 
Yep, had this happen to a few of my cars. I need to go back and test to find out which car it was but one was glitched when I changed to a racing muffler. Installing it removed the engine sound and I only got the engine sound back when I uninstalled it. It was really annoying.
 
To any car that does that, you need to drop the rev by about half to regain the sound. (wont work on electric vehicule)
 
It happens frequently with this car. I only have this problem at Rome Circuit. It has made me lost the race a couple of times actually. Unlike when this glitch happens with other cars, it is possible that the sound won't come back at all, no matter what you do. With other cars, just braking hard until the revs drop quite a bit, hitting something or hitting the horn will fix it.

To add to these sound glitches, the Subaru BRZ-S engine gets muted when putting any turbo. No, I don't care if in real life the turbo muffles the sound on cars a bit. This is a glitch and it shouldn't happen. This car does sound like a Prius when fitted a turbo.
 
Back