Weird ZR1 RM problem.

  • Thread starter Thread starter X Sync
  • 17 comments
  • 2,301 views
Messages
8
Messages
lukavelic
So, I did a Race Modification on a Corvette ZR1, it was a bit tuned before the RM. So, after I did a RM on it, I did a lot of races before I read here that it isn't fully tuned and I can get it to 900BHP. I went to the Tuning section and went to Engine. I saw Stage 1 was already done, and I went to select Stage 2. Then it said I have do the steps in order but the Stage 1 was already done?? It moved the part to items list then. I tried doing Stage 1 but it also went to items list. So, I now have all 3 Stages in my items list that I can't install on the car and my car is stuck at around 750BHP...

Why can't I do the Engine tuning? :/
 
It's a Chevrolet.


You can't polish a turd.
 
Sorry.
 
Last edited:
It's a Chevrolet.


You can't polish a turd.

Very helpful advice here.. Moderator please?



To the OP: I've heard of issues like this before. :crazy: Have you tried sending the car to another account then back to yourself? That may trigger a fix.
 
My Silvia S15 has this same problem after doing the RM mod. its weird.
 
Go directly to your items list and see if you can reapply the parts in order (NOT the tuning list, the ITEMS section under GT LIFE).
 
So, I did a Race Modification on a Corvette ZR1, it was a bit tuned before the RM. So, after I did a RM on it, I did a lot of races before I read here that it isn't fully tuned and I can get it to 900BHP. I went to the Tuning section and went to Engine. I saw Stage 1 was already done, and I went to select Stage 2. Then it said I have do the steps in order but the Stage 1 was already done?? It moved the part to items list then. I tried doing Stage 1 but it also went to items list. So, I now have all 3 Stages in my items list that I can't install on the car and my car is stuck at around 750BHP...

Why can't I do the Engine tuning? :/

My Silvia S15 has this same problem after doing the RM mod. its weird.

Ok, I don't know exactly what is causing this, it isn't a major problem that is affecting everyone, but it is a problem which a small amount of people are experiencing.

This is makes it worse, as most people won't bother about sorting it out until it starts to affect them personally.
 
I had this prob after RM'ing a tuned car...had to go back and reinstall all the tuns in the tuning menu for some reason.....they were there, just unchecked as installed....
 
I'm telling you RM are bugged... I recently bought a Z28, then applied the RM treatment. After that, I did all the engine upgrades + supercharger... To my surprise while scrolling through the tuning section, I stumbled over "Default to Turbo," as if the car was turbocharged as stock RM... weird weird
 
It's a Chevrolet.


You can't polish a turd.

A little harsh I think.👎

Back on topic though, I can say that I've 'race modified' and subsequently added full upgrades to 16 out of the 17 cars available without a problem.
To reiterate, I've only ever upgraded parts on these cars after the 'RM' work has been carried out.
Maybe this makes a difference?
 
It's a Chevrolet.


You can't polish a turd.

The ZR1 is one of the finest cars of this generation, if you don't realise that you're a clown.

You should judge cars on their individual merits, not their make.
 
The ZR1 is one of the finest cars of this generation, if you don't realise that you're a clown.

You should judge cars on their individual merits, not their make.

Indeed! 👍
 
Go directly to your items list and see if you can reapply the parts in order (NOT the tuning list, the ITEMS section under GT LIFE).

👍 Yes. Do this.

I had a similar problem - I'd done the Stage 1 and Stage 2 tune before I did the RM, then tried to do the Stage 3, and it wouldn't let me. Took me a while and some amount of frustration, but I was poking around looking at different parts of the game, and found that Stage 2 tune stuck in my 'Items' folder. Used it, and the Stage 3 tune took immediately.

OP, try this, and ignore the snarky posts.
 
I tried going into the Items folder and installing the tuning, still gives out the same problem... I bought a new one, 500k thrown into the wind, but I like the car so much that it doesn't even matter. I hope PD sort this thing out in a future update.

P.S: @All people that thrash Chevy cars. ZR1 is the most beautiful car I own, and now I tuned it right, in top 10 by performance.
 
I tried going into the Items folder and installing the tuning, still gives out the same problem... I bought a new one, 500k thrown into the wind, but I like the car so much that it doesn't even matter. I hope PD sort this thing out in a future update.

P.S: @All people that thrash Chevy cars. ZR1 is the most beautiful car I own, and now I tuned it right, in top 10 by performance.

Did you try going to the car settings?? This happened to me, wouldn't let me add the next stage as it kept saying that I needed stage 2, but I already had it. Went to my garage, settings and I was able to add it there!
 
I had the same problem with a lotus elise. I had already applied the 1st engine upgrade before the RM was applied. I could never get the 2nd or 3rd upgrades. I finally gave up and bought another one and started over doing the RM first. Looks like a quirk in the game.

Funny stuff the battle between Ford and Chevy continues!
 
Back