Weirdest thing, slighty off in every corner

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by StraywalkerX, Oct 23, 2019.

1. StraywalkerX

StraywalkerX

So, I thought it be fun to go Race A on the daily race.

First race: Started my qualifying at 1:37 and a 9 gridposition

ended 4:th

Next race: qualifying at 1:33 -> 8 @ grid

ended 4:th

next race: Q @ 1:32 -> 6 @ grid

ended 6:th

next race: 1:31:6-ish -> 3 @ grid

ended DNF

in the last race the car was stupid and didn’t stop breaking when I did, didn’t start turning when I did - you get it by now. I was constantly missing my «perfect line entry point» and often got «4 wheel green contact»....

Wtf! I quit GTS and did some Project cars without noticing any strange behaviour. Had a quick race in GTS again this morning and the «lag» was gone

anyone got an explanation or At least have experienced something similar?

2. ShiftingGears

ShiftingGears

Sometimes I just have off days.

3. The_Tullster

The_Tullster

Happens to me sometimes when the PS4 gets really hot or has been left on for a couple of days. I make sure to always restart the PS4 before a gaming session, especially an online session.

dlshearon likes this.
  4. ASH32

ASH32

I feel the same, Race C for me, best lap on Monday 1:37.6, today I'm about a second off that if I run a qualification lap. It makes the races so hard, I have to defend very hard to get any sort of result because loads behind me are easily .5 a lap quicker than me and that's before my tyres get chewed up. :(

5. StraywalkerX

StraywalkerX

it was from a clean boot, but yes the PS4 fan on.... gonna check that if it happens again.

feel sorry for anyone who’s experiencing this but still extremely happy that I’m not alone :cheers:

6. Draggon

Draggon

I'm not sure you'd notice lag with your inputs, but really strange things have been known to happen. I was in a lobby last night racing at Dragon Trail Seaside. I was making a pass and the car next to me hit me with his right front and sent me off course. When I watched his replay not only was his car completely in front of me as I was attempting the pass, we never actually hit---yet I went spinning off course. I thought it was strange when he had said he didn't feel the contact. That's some pretty bad lag.

7. StraywalkerX

StraywalkerX

Huff, sounds frustrating... I’ve noticed that laggy control-players are unpassable, because of just what you described.... Races should have a filter where controllers and wheelies can drive in closed environments...