• 16 comments

Wardez

Not Hotdog
Staff Emeritus
United States
Las Vegas UTC-8
Wardez
Wardez
As you can see, we've decided to divy up the online racing sections into more dedicated forums underneath each game. We now have prefixes for threads you can select, and edit, in order to label your series to make it easier for prospective racers to see the status of your series at a glance.

• Open - Accepting sign ups, series is currently racing or starting racing very soon.
  • Full - Spots full, currently racing, reserve spots may be available.
  • Finished - Season over, racing concluded, look inside for more information on new series or season follow ups.
  • Draft - This pretty much replaces "interest check" and means that a series is currently just a concept, or under construction.
Please use them to your advantage as this feature makes it much easier for members to find series they're interested in. Thank you!

If you have any questions or concerns, please do let us know by posting here.

Have fun, and happy racing!

=================================================

Little update:
Series thread titles are only allowed up to two special characters as a general rule of thumb (exceptions can be made if reasonable) whether affixed or prefixed. Anything over that, I will edit.

Also, caps lock is not your friend, single phrases will be ok, but series names in the title or whole titles in caps lock will be edited.

So, this:

"<<<MY SERIES>>> JOIN NOW!"

"***RACING GP SERIES*** Join Now!

Is not recommended.

This:

"<My Series> JOIN NOW!"

"**Racing GP Series** Join Now!"

Is ok.

Last edited:
As you can see, we've decided to divy up the online racing sections into more dedicated forums underneath each game. We now have prefixes for threads you can select, and edit, in order to label your series to make it easier for prospective racers to see the status of your series at a glance.

• Open - Accepting sign ups, series is currently racing or starting racing very soon.
  • Full - Spots full, currently racing, reserve spots may be available.
  • Finished - Season over, racing concluded, look inside for more information on new series or season follow ups.
  • Draft - This pretty much replaces "interest check" and means that a series is currently just a concept, or under construction.
Please use them to your advantage as this feature makes it much easier for members to find series they're interested in. Thank you!

If you have any questions or concerns, please do let us know by posting here.

Have fun, and happy racing!

Liking this a lot. Thank you sir 👍

I'm liking this new format! Though for the WRS, since it's still in the GT5 online forums, will there be a new WRS section created in this forum and the old one be archived?

I'm liking this new format! Though for the WRS, since it's still in the GT5 online forums, will there be a new WRS section created in this forum and the old one be archived?

Something like that, we're still waiting on what the WRS guys want to do.

Ahhh, good, I can change that. I don't like the "draft" thing at this stage... Not in ITCC's current stage of development at least.

I'll go change it. Otherwise, looks awesome though.

@Wardez, should there be a limit of one thread per racing series/season? I'm finding lots of duplicate threads... I would prefer if everyone's championship could be on one page, not like currently, how some people have two or three series with either a different name or a "coming soon" thread for a new thread to be posted after.

@Wardez, should there be a limit of one thread per racing series/season? I'm finding lots of duplicate threads... I would prefer if everyone's championship could be on one page, not like currently, how some people have two or three series with either a different name or a "coming soon" thread for a new thread to be posted after.

What duplicates? Thats what "Interest Checks" thread is for. Also different seasons = different threads.

What duplicates? Thats what "Interest Checks" thread is for. Also different seasons = different threads.

Yeah, exactly, one thread per season/series. It just seemed like there was one series in particular which is nearly a duplicate of itself... Turns out, the specs, days, and tracks are different. My mistake...

Hi all. I'm not sure where to post this question, so this seemed like a good first option - please move if appropriate. I'm looking for a "beginner-friendly" race series in GT6. I'm certainly not new to GT (been playing since the original), but I know I am not as fast or experienced at "real" racing as most of the racers here. I'm looking for a series where beginner's are welcome and a learning curve is expected, if that makes sense. Thanks in advance for any guidance you can provide :)

--Gus

Hi all. I'm not sure where to post this question, so this seemed like a good first option - please move if appropriate. I'm looking for a "beginner-friendly" race series in GT6. I'm certainly not new to GT (been playing since the original), but I know I am not as fast or experienced at "real" racing as most of the racers here. I'm looking for a series where beginner's are welcome and a learning curve is expected, if that makes sense. Thanks in advance for any guidance you can provide :)

--Gus
i'm on the same boat lol

Could someone please assist Theoretician, Dextro97 and myself locate a beginner series? I find myself in the position as these two fellas.

Just jump in, really.

@Wardez's "PURE" is good for drivers who are clean but slow/rusty (or super-fast, in a different division), my own ITCC is fast but we give more warnings than most people and I'll offer coaching about how to make better passes for anyone who struggles...

For those who are into rallying, @nascarfan1400 has a point-to-point rally series with easy rules (you can't possibly bump another driver, really, during a rally event like that...)

Anyways, just jump into a series or two. Most of us are friendly. Wardez runs a good show. I assist beginners with improving their race craft...

My friend @polarbear345 has his United Sportscar Series for endurance-style events with a rather forgiving caution system (if you make a mistake and spin, the caution system will get you caught up...)

@Johnnypenso could perhaps be planning another DeadNutsEvenRacing club maybe? I don't know...

There's SNAIL, a group I used to race with, and they offer a lot of beginner assistance and a few divisions of different speeds...

Just jump in! All of the series I've listed offer some type of assistance but still offer great racing. Don't be put off by a few series that run super-duper fast, there's a league for everyone!

@ITCC_Andrew

Good preview of some of the community here. It's always interesting to see different people's perspectives and experiences on the various series and clubs around here.

We really have to put together a series directory/snapshot for people to use as an easy one spot reference to find the right series for them. And not just for series or club types but, almost more importantly, also listing the schedules.

@WORLDFAMOUS07

I think you have two great options, either S.N.A.I.L or the WRS, which both run weekly regulated divisonal racing. Pick whichever one suits your schedule best.

Little update:
Series thread titles are only allowed up to two special characters as a general rule of thumb (exceptions can be made if reasonable) whether affixed or prefixed. Anything over that, I will edit.

Also, caps lock is not your friend, single phrases will be ok, but series names in the title or whole titles in caps lock will be edited.

So, this:

"<<<MY SERIES>>> JOIN NOW!"

"***RACING GP SERIES*** Join Now!

Is not recommended.

This:

"<My Series> JOIN NOW!"

"**Racing GP Series** Join Now!"

Is ok.

Also, caps lock is not your friend... series names in the title or whole titles in caps lock will be edited.

Acronyms, I believe, are fine, given that you've not edited the ITCC acronyms? 👍 Thank you.

I will be sparing with my usage of special characters, as ever.

Back