• 16 comments

Wardez

Not Hotdog
Staff Emeritus
United States
Las Vegas UTC-8
Wardez
Wardez
Welcome everyone, to Clubs & Leagues new home in the GT6 subforum dedicated to online racing.

As you can see, we've decided to divy up the online racing sections into more dedicated forums underneath each game. We now have prefixes for threads you can select, and edit, in order to label your series to make it easier for prospective racers to see the status of your series at a glance.

• Open - Accepting sign ups, series is currently racing or starting racing very soon.
  • Full - Spots full, currently racing, reserve spots may be available.
  • Finished - Season over, racing concluded, look inside for more information on new series or season follow ups.
  • Draft - This pretty much replaces "interest check" and means that a series is currently just a concept, or under construction.
Please use them to your advantage as this feature makes it much easier for members to find series they're interested in. Thank you!

If you have any questions or concerns, please do let us know by posting here.

Have fun, and happy racing!

=================================================

Little update:
Series thread titles are only allowed up to two special characters as a general rule of thumb (exceptions can be made if reasonable) whether affixed or prefixed. Anything over that, I will edit.

Also, caps lock is not your friend, single phrases will be ok, but series names in the title or whole titles in caps lock will be edited.

So, this:

"<<<MY SERIES>>> JOIN NOW!"

"***RACING GP SERIES*** Join Now!

Is not recommended.

This:

"<My Series> JOIN NOW!"

"**Racing GP Series** Join Now!"

Is ok.

Last edited:
Hello Wardez! My HST is moving to GT6 this coming Thursday, can you please move us to the GT6 side. Thanks! (Link in my signature)

No problem, just remind me on Thursday.

@Wardez If at all possible, can we move it earlier. Thursday is the first night, a "preview night" and if there are possible new racers interested, I'd like to let them know about it prior to the date of the event.

Thanks!

@Wardez If at all possible, can we move it earlier. Thursday is the first night, a "preview night" and if there are possible new racers interested, I'd like to let them know about it prior to the date of the event.

Thanks!
Everything's good now right?

@Wardez Yes sir! Thank you! I do have a question, some thread titles have open next to it and others do not. What is that for and how does it get there?

@Wardez Yes sir! Thank you! I do have a question, some thread titles have open next to it and others do not. What is that for and how does it get there?
It's the prefix option when creating your thread title. "Open" is you are accepting new applications/participants. Which should make "full" self explanatory. "Draft" is a check interest/in progress.

Hope that covers it for you.

It's the prefix option when creating your thread title. "Open" is you are accepting new applications/participants. Which should make "full" self explanatory. "Draft" is a check interest/in progress.

Hope that covers it for you.

Right on

So, if we do an interest check thread, we have to change it to be an "open"-thread if the series idea is a go? We can't create a new one to keep things tidy?

Also, recommend that we name this the "move-a-thread thread." :lol: Catchy, right?

So, if we do an interest check thread, we have to change it to be an "open"-thread if the series idea is a go? We can't create a new one to keep things tidy?

Also, recommend that we name this the "move-a-thread thread." :lol: Catchy, right?

You can do either one really. Up to the person, there's no universally ideal way of going about it. Either you start a interest check thread, build it, then change the OP and Title and set it to "Open" once things are ready, or you use a "Draft" thread/interest check thread to build the series, then start a new "Open" one once things are ready.

Can we reserve the first few posts of the interest checks thread, too, then? :)

I was hoping to do that with ITCC 4 thread, in order to have driver and team biographies near the beginning but I didn't have time :lol: @Gedi69 was anxious to reserve a spot with ABS on.

Sorry :lol: send me the stuff and i can edit into my post if you like? if it helps?

Naaaah, it's okay mate. Just having a laugh.

For ITCC 5, I will reserve them again - it makes it easier to keep the posts organized if they're all smaller - a mistake won't skew the entire OP, but just a small portion. 👍 For this season, I think I'll just run with it. I just don't want an infraction for spamming - if that is something @Wardez is going to be checking for. I promise, I'll behave E. :)

What is the difference between the race series listed in this sub forum and the race series listed under the “GT6 Racing Series” sub forum or does it even matter?

What is the difference between the race series listed in this sub forum and the race series listed under the “GT6 Racing Series” sub forum or does it even matter?

Clubs typically run continuous seasons while the racing series section is for one-off racing championships.

Think of the Race Series section as "Spot Championships" and this section more as just a "we'll run a random race each weekend indefinitely, and sometimes we'll also run championships."

Make sense?

Back