Well I just broke my controller

• Thread starter Lamrock
  • 4 comments
trying to Gold the unfair, unbelievably difficult B-8 license. I see videos of people beating it with a half second to spare, but I have given at least 300 tries and can't do better than 43.174.

The game gives you a car with horrible handling and has you take 4 corners perfectly. Once in every five of so tries I can get lucky with the car actually steering and get about 28.7 after the first sector, but that final corner eludes me. How the bloody hell are you supposed to take it?! How do you follow the racing line without losing 15 MPH?

It boggles my mind, and will probably continue to haunt me for the conceivable future.

Nah, I have another controller. Now its the other way around. Just had a 28.9xx first sector, then got 43.104. I's always mediocre on that stupid first turn now

Hi Lamrock i am guessing u r playing the NTSC version, and so i can understand your frustration (tried it a lot of times on my PAL version), but i cant really understand the difficulty of the B-8 test as it is fairly easy on the NTSC version (have it too). The advice i can give u, without seeing how u drive, is get a wheel! its much more fun to play with it and more accurate due to it paddles. Just wanna add i really hate this car handling it SUX!! :yuck:

Last edited:
Ok so after reading this thread i went back and done this licence test again, this time aiming for gold. And now I have a few tips on how to beat this licence and a video with all displays on so you could just copy my moves.
First here is the link to the video...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0tB1jfc3U4
Pretty good time (42.511) so it would be easy to get gold if you could even get close to my car. And now the tips:
1. For a good start u would want to put the neddle just before the red line as the test starts. Could be easier if you put it between 4-5 as the clock goes down to one and push hard just before the horn.
2. In the first corner you want to take it with the tightest exit and dont go to third gear intill u pass the corner. Just tap the left button easly and then hold it in the corner itself. Ofcurse this corner should be taken in full throttle.
3. In the second corner stay in third gear and shift down with about 94-98 kmh just as you go through the corner.
4.For the third corner just before you turn right tap the brakes and then hold the right button for a tight line. If you catch the curve you lose less speed.
Take it with about 122-125 kmh. Dont try higher then this cause your line for the last exit wont be right.
5. Last corner is tricky try to get to the blue line as early as you can and with straight wheels so you could turn without sliding and wheels spin. Start turning just as you go on the white line (122-126 kmh) and tap the brakes again or just go off the throttle again on the second white line.How ever you take this avoid the wall in all costs and just follow the blue line throught the finish line.

I dont know if you already got gold on this but i hope it helps.

Back