well...it seems every car now is an automatic...

• Thread starter GT
  • 12 comments

GT

I'm really bothered by the fact that the driver in GT-HD doesn not shift at all...even the flipper gearbox of the Fiorano is not used. the cars just automatically change gear the whole time...I hope this is only because GT-HD is a demo version. Surely they will adress this in the final retail version.

Plus, supposedly there is an in-car view confirmed; if this really is the case the drivers must shift gear manually if you set the gearbox to manual???

I really hope PD will fix this seeing as how there are trying to get things to be perfect.

Take it easy. Considering that they have the driver looking around and moving inside the car, I'm sure they'll have him shifting.

Besides, this is just GTHD. Think "GT4 High-Def". This isn't GT5. Nowhere close.

Well the driver actually shifted gears in GT4 (visible on convertible models when the top is down) so I am quite sure they will visibly shift when GT5 eventually comes, I wouldn't worry about it yet.

Wow, that video was cool. I was hoping I'd get to see an allround view of the car, but none-theless it was real nostalgic (even though it was just 2 years back I played this game, again.. It still feels nostalgic to me). And BTW, I was totally blown away by the Driver movement in GT4 when I first saw a video of a convertible on Amalfi I think and it was I am sure a Shelby Cobra..

Dont worry GT, we'll see that part fixed within a few updates on GT:HD only..

I also noticed the lack of shifting in GTHD, hopefully the driver will shift in the final game, as it was already in GT4

here's a better video:

To move the camera you need to do a hack with ARMax or other tool. You change the XYZ positions of one of the above car cameras.

V.

And what about the incredible definition of the car and scenery in the video from Red_Line? Is this also due to the hack, or does everyone (with HDTV & composite cable) get this great picture in GT4? Sorry, a bit off topic - but completely amazed by the quality.

Thanks,
ERacer

Yes this is true
Thanks for that video. Although I've never seen that camera angle, I really enjoyed the view, and the song. I truly enjoyed playing through GT4, still do somewhat,.....and although I have seen lots of gameplay videos, this is my favorite....by far!

Back