Well that sucks...

  • Thread starter Thread starter matt129
  • 17 comments
  • 1,528 views
I backup after every session, and now after every license gold too. I'm only doing those nightmares once!
 
Similar thing happened to me last week. From level 40/40, 1200 cars, and 52 Gold licenses to...nothing.

But, the last few days have been more fun than the last 2 months playing my old account. Starting over has been refreshing.

I don't need the trophies...they stayed.

I don't need 1000 cars; I will only get about 200 this time.

With the seasonals my A spec level is already 32 in about 4 days. I don't care about B spec this time because I already got the trophies for it.

So, sure it sucks losing all my car setups. But, it's not so bad.
 
if you dont have a USB stick-
1. Create a new user/ without a PSN account
2. Copy your main save to USER 1
3. When you want to update your save just delete USer 1 save and copy main to it again.
 
Send me a FR, and I'll send you a car to make your trip back up through the ranks a little easier. You choose, FF, FR, 4WD, RR, or MR. Put your choice in the friend request, and I'll send something out in about 10 hours.
 
Similar thing happened to me last week. From level 40/40, 1200 cars, and 52 Gold licenses to...nothing.

But, the last few days have been more fun than the last 2 months playing my old account. Starting over has been refreshing.

I don't need the trophies...they stayed.

I don't need 1000 cars; I will only get about 200 this time.

With the seasonals my A spec level is already 32 in about 4 days. I don't care about B spec this time because I already got the trophies for it.

So, sure it sucks losing all my car setups. But, it's not so bad.
It does sound fun, but just knowing I'll never have the X1 Prototype again, or the GT-R academy and stuff is disappointing, plus I'm a collector so losing over 900 is a little irritating.
JTT
Thanks :)
if you dont have a USB stick-
1. Create a new user/ without a PSN account
2. Copy your main save to USER 1
3. When you want to update your save just delete USer 1 save and copy main to it again.
I did have a USB save but last I used it for was my second account...
Send me a FR, and I'll send you a car to make your trip back up through the ranks a little easier. You choose, FF, FR, 4WD, RR, or MR. Put your choice in the friend request, and I'll send something out in about 10 hours.
Nah, it's okay man, although it is very generous of you :) I doubt I'll even play it again now cause it's too much to lose really but just thought I'd let people on here know cause I didn't ever think about it and where has that got me? :L
 
matt129
Just had a powercut and all my data has corrupted. Lost all this: http://www.mygranturismo.net/user_sheet.php?id=2020

This isn't a thread asking for free cars, simply letting you all know a rather sad story :nervous: haha.

Moral of the story, always back up save data!

Matt, I also lost a pretty advanced game a few months ago too due to an improper copy/save. I feel your pain, it's like getting punched in the gut. Just get back in the seat and do it again, it was a bit more fun the second time around.
 
I have several cars set for online that should help get you a good way through the game. Send me a friend request if you're interested. ^_^
 
:yuck:

That sucks buddy... If you add me on PSN maybe I can help you with some of your lost cars... I have money to burn :)

Cheers!
 
This just happened to me a week ago. My PS3 died with YLOD and using the reflow trick I brought it back to life. And then, in my haste to back it all up to an external USB drive that it didn't detect... I formatted the PS3. DOH!

At least seasonal payoffs had made the recovery less painful then the initial run through.
 
I have been backing up to USB and PSN+ save gave storage, it's a very handy feature.
 
if you dont have a USB stick-
1. Create a new user/ without a PSN account
2. Copy your main save to USER 1
3. When you want to update your save just delete USer 1 save and copy main to it again.

this is ok but not 100% reliable. the save is still in the same storage device(ps3 hdd). you need a separate storage device in case the ps3 hdd itself goes bust. its best to have an external back-up. 👍
 
My story isn't quite as bad but right before the PSN meltdown I was lvl 40/40 with 1000+ cars as well. I had just the 2 24 hr races left and the one trophy to get Bspec driver maxed and that when my PS3 crashed. Luckily I had a backup but it wasn't as recent as I thought. I went back to lvl 36/36 and about 300 cars. Working my way back and actually started a 24 hour race the other day only for the power to go out 15 hrs in. I have finally ordered a UPS (should have done long ago) so hopefully I avoid that happening again
 
How do you backup your saved data anyway? :/

Plug memory stick into PS3, go to savedata on the xmb, select the save you want, hit triangle and copy it over to the memory stick ^_^
 
Matt, I also lost a pretty advanced game a few months ago too due to an improper copy/save. I feel your pain, it's like getting punched in the gut. Just get back in the seat and do it again, it was a bit more fun the second time around.
The only problem is there are cars I can never get again, and as a collector that is quite a shame for me. The GT-R academy being the main one (unless it's trade-able?) and then the X1 prototype cause I don't have a steering wheel and really struggle to drive it to the kind of perfection needed :) Maybe if I can't drive it properly I don't deserve it anyway.
I have several cars set for online that should help get you a good way through the game. Send me a friend request if you're interested. ^_^
Hey, nice name :D If I do restart then I'll probably do it all myself this time, but thanks for the offer! :)
:yuck:

That sucks buddy... If you add me on PSN maybe I can help you with some of your lost cars... I have money to burn :)

Cheers!
Very generous of you but as I said in the OP, I don't want to go getting free cars when I don't really need them. Thanks though :)
This just happened to me a week ago. My PS3 died with YLOD and using the reflow trick I brought it back to life. And then, in my haste to back it all up to an external USB drive that it didn't detect... I formatted the PS3. DOH!

At least seasonal payoffs had made the recovery less painful then the initial run through.
👍 Nice to see you're back on your feet on there at least though :)
Jay
I have been backing up to USB and PSN+ save gave storage, it's a very handy feature.
I did have it all on a USB, but thanks to a silly move by me, at the time this happened, my second accounts data had overwrote(or overwritten?) it, damn shame.
 
Back