Well - the first in most likely a long line.Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ryan2
  • 3 comments
  • 695 views
Messages
3,769
I blew my guitar amp today.

Haha, I was just playing and it plain old quit. It's just a fise though, shouldn't be much to replace..I was doing something with tap harmonics and a guy from another forum told me to max everything except the mail volume, which was what I did except I maxed the main volume too and blew the fuse. Ah well. :p
 
Nice! Er, darn. What type of guitar do you have? Amp type/size?
 
Was it a tube amp or transistor.
If it was tube, you would be wise to have the tubes checked too.
If it was transistor, you should be without any problems.
If you want to play at max settings, why don't you see about getting a Marshall Power attenuator. It'll let you run "wide open" but it'll limit the power running thru the amp and will keep your neighbors from coming to kill you. It will also keep you from blowing up your amp.
 
Amp's a little Fender 15G, playing a Squier Strat..I'm pretty sure it's not a tube. Haha, and about the noise transistor thing, I kind of had something like that, I was playing it through headphones just set next to me.
 
Back