Well...this is embarrassing

  • Thread starter Thread starter ghsnu
  • 12 comments
  • 1,728 views
Messages
1,039
United States
Tucson, AZ
Messages
spedy7
Turns out that after one of the recent updates, it's near impossible to find and stay in a lobby. I find a lobby with 4-5 bars, and I get disconnected (or should I say "***********" according to the game). That or 95% of the lobbys are 0-1 bars.

Then I go over to my neighbors and on their Wifi I was able to get into lobbies just fine. :dunce:

According to my PS3:
My connection: 11 mbs down, 3 mbs up. Wired.
Neighbors: 8 mbs down, 3 mbs up. Wifi.
Didn't mess with the ports or anything.

Now I don't know what to do. I'm rather pissed though because doing free run lobbies was pretty much the only thing I did in Gt5. Now I get the fun of hosting smaller lobbies and being able to join only a quarter of a handful of lobbies. :ouch:
 
yes, the same situation here. I log in, I pick my car, I set up it for the race, and I'm disconected.
 
3mbps upload? You sure mate?

I know what you mean though. I have 16meg connection and 90% of the servers have 1 or 0 bars. Sucks balls.
 
Clear your cache then retry it.......that's usually problem #1.
 
im online constantly with time warner cable (worst provider in the US) and i haven't had any problems yet so long as im wired in. if i go wireless then all hell breaks loose.
 
how does one clear their cache ?
 
how does one clear their cache ?

Options > Scroll all the way down > Select far left > Clear System Cache. It helped me with my disconnects.
 
I have a very low connection, and I learn something that might useful.
-sterilize your connection by shutting down other devices connected to your network
-clear chace as other suggest
-now this is important. When you are joining crowded lobbies, just keep quiet for a few minutes, I observe the wifi indicator on my PS3 is blinking rapidly the first time you entered the room. This may be because of your console is synchronizing with other players. So don't do anything especially enter the track. Once the wifi indicator became a lot slow blinking, then you may start to chat, enter course, etc.
- if you have friends following you to a room, that may cause some connection problem also.

Hope it helps
 
Bit of advice here, whenever i left the room that i had opened my mates all got disconected we have found out that i had the ownership fixed so it would'nt pass over to next player. This was'nt a problem for us as we all were finishing anyway but it does highlight that if your in a lobby anf the owner has fixed ownership and leaves everyone in the lobby will get the messsage, disconected from server. So its not allways a fault.
 
There is definitely something "hinky" with GT5's online lobbies & private lounges. I had a great experience in them up until 1 month ago, when my ISP (Talk Talk) had a widespread internet outage, & ever since it came back online certain players are now lagging slightly in My Lounge & getting frequent disconnects.

I've had an engineer go to the exchange & sort my line out, I have a new router, everything is set up how it should be, but still these new problems. I've followed all the advice there is to follow, & none of it makes the slightest difference, I guess we'll never know why some of us get these issues.



:ouch:
 
Options > Scroll all the way down > Select far left > Clear System Cache. It helped me with my disconnects.

Thanks! I'll do this before my next online session!
 
Back