West City freezing/crashing

England
England
Hey, I recently got a PAL Platinum copy of GT2 that I've been playing on my PS2, but there seem to be some issues.

Sometimes "Continue"-ing after the very last race-results screen has a bit of a long load but that's not the big issue.

The big one is that the game seems to hang (music still playing but totally unresponsive) in West City, I think I remember one of the Italian manufacturers causing this when clicking on them but I definitely remember this when trying to go under "Tune" on Renault (wanting to upgrade the free Clio for the French event), with the Exhaust category and both of the options under "Turbo".

I'm not sure what to do about this, will give more details if needed and any help is welcomed!

EDIT: Did a little more basic "testing", it seems that too much "clicking" within West City will always trigger this. I feel like my disc might be mildly damaged since I see some slight scratching but it's hard to confirm because it won't show up on my phone camera with the flash. I'm also not certain exactly what I should do if this is the case.

Last edited:
Back