wet races formula class

  • Thread starter Thread starter simgroenten
  • 15 comments
  • 1,679 views
Messages
23
Messages
GTP_MRG
I just finished the formula class in the extreme level A spec.
The dry races are easy ones to win but the wet races at monza and suzuka are really beyond my reach.

normally i drive without traction control since i use a G25 but the learning curve driving this car in the wet is just too harsh.

anyone won these races without traction control btw? I skipped them because i started to frustrate myself too much spinning almost every lap.
Even with traction control fully turned on you are still spinning. That really puzzles me.
And why do the formula cars have headlights??? :ouch:
It is even impossible to crash the AI drivers or let them spin once run into them......the game is great but these kind of flaws should not be in the game if yo ask me.
 
Just think of the poor IRL race drivers then. They risk their life each and every time they race, and that is amped by 10 if it's wet.
 
The F1 regulations that FGT was based on was during a time when all F1 cars had TC so go ahead and turn it up man. I'm a big F1 fan and racing purist when it comes to aids so take it from me that it's perfectly suitable to use traction control with the FGT.

You'll find the races a lot funner after you do.
 
This is a quirk of the game. You don't need those races to win the championship. Once you've won the championship, both are easy to win.
 
Are you using wet tyres?
 
its a formula 1 car for a reason :P
I would not expect it to be driven easily like a street car. After all you probably would not be posting here if you could do lap records right away...
 
monza - wet is easy because its most straight....

but suzuka ....^^
 
The F1 regulations that FGT was based on was during a time when all F1 cars had TC so go ahead and turn it up man. I'm a big F1 fan and racing purist when it comes to aids so take it from me that it's perfectly suitable to use traction control with the FGT.

Hmmm... I always thought the FGTs were based on 1997 cars.

TC was banned from 1994, allowed from 2001-2007 and then banned again. I'll double check later about the FGT origins.

That said - if people want to run TC then it's up to them :D
 
the car becomes more unpredictable with TC turned on not knowing or feeling when the power kicks in.
Sadly i lost my championship due to these races and became 3rd after all. Well..i ran a 1.15. at nurburg gp so its not that bad either.
What car can you win anyway if you win that championship btw?
 
Is there some secret to using the FGP in the wet? haha. I mean, I feel as though there is no traction at all. Down force is all the way up, using soft rain tires, TC on or off, etc. Once I start going, the rear comes around even though I'm trying to go straight. No traction under breaking or while turning. The car is always unstable. is there something I'm missing or do I just suck? lol
 
I got lucky at Suzuka. The AI all pitted on lap 1 for different tires.

The trick that I used to stay on track was to set the gears very high and set the downforce to max. I stayed in the higher gears so that the engine was almost bogging through the turns. Only when going straight did I let it rev to full power. That and a VERY gentle right foot. But you HAVE to use a little throttle when turning. The slightest engine braking with the front wheels turned and it's over.
 
Are you using wet tyres?

No use the super soft slicks. For some strange reason they provide better traction than the wets. Set TC to 1, ABS to 1. No need to pit at all & you should win quite easily.
 
No use the super soft slicks. For some strange reason they provide better traction than the wets. Set TC to 1, ABS to 1. No need to pit at all & you should win quite easily.

I find that hard to believe....
 
No use the super soft slicks. For some strange reason they provide better traction than the wets. Set TC to 1, ABS to 1. No need to pit at all & you should win quite easily.

another flaw in the system?

i lowered the rear spring settings as well as the torsion bars....increased toe out on the rear to make the rear less responsive.....it worked quite ok.
Downforce set to full , however i lowered it to the max at monza lol....no wonder.....
btw i have used wet tyres....

not really realistic using softs on a wet race...
 
I'm serious, guys. I golded the 1st 3, just did the best I could at Monza, started Suzuka & retired. Won the championship/trophy & then went back to them. My grip was back & I golded both easily. Like I said, it's a quirk of the game...
 
another flaw in the system?

i lowered the rear spring settings as well as the torsion bars....increased toe out on the rear to make the rear less responsive.....it worked quite ok.
Downforce set to full , however i lowered it to the max at monza lol....no wonder.....
btw i have used wet tyres....

not really realistic using softs on a wet race...

True, not realistic at all, but it works for me. It should not work but try it yourself to see. The traction with soft race tires is better than full wets. Weird!!
 
Back