Wet track at nightPC 

Morgoth_666
It seems like when I have rain in night races the track always looks like it's almost fully dry when I know and can hear and feel that it is clearly quite wet. The reflections of lights and things on the track have a wet shimmery look to them but the main track surface looks completely dry in front of me and just damp behind me. There is also very little spray visible behind cars(although you still get a face full if you follow someone). I can't see any puddles either unless this last track I just ran(Monza Short) just doesn't get any. There wasn't much ponding in the daytime practice session in this career event but the rain was lighter then and stopped mid-session.

I don't know if this is something with my low end 970 or just a quirk of the game itself such as a sacrifice for having headlights working. I know my card isn't great but with a couple settings turned down a notch from max I get 60-80fps reliably with no other strange issues jumping out at me. If it has been discussed online searching for things like "rain at night/reflections at night/track looks dry when wet" or whatever else I've tried hasn't found me anything.

I've watched a couple of videos online and it looked perhaps a bit better than what I'm seeing, but still not the way it normally looks during the day so I suspect it's just the way the game is. If I turn up my reflections from high to ultra it makes the lights reflecting on the track look a little better but does nothing for the overall look. I've tried maxing all the settings that I don't normally have maxed and it still does nothing for the main issue.

Back