What’s the name of that pink-yellow-transfer-paper-stuff?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sage
  • 5 comments
  • 7,468 views

Sage

Staff Emeritus
Messages
12,533
United States
United States
Messages
GTP_Sage
You know how like you’re getting your car serviced and the person writes on a sheet of pink paper, which then transfers to a sheet of yellow paper underneath? What’s that called? I want to look up how it works, but it’s kind of hard to look something up without knowing the name of it…
 
I don't know what it is called but I think there is a coating of something on the back of the sheet above teh yellow/pink sheet. This coating will come off as you put pressure on it. It's like scribbling on a paper in pencil, turning it over and going over it with a stylus. What you right with the stylus will appear below the paper.

At least that's how I understand it to work.
 
Transfer paper?

Carbon paper?
 
At first, I thought it was carbon paper, but I think I used that in art class.
 
Back