What’s the best controller settings

In my opinion, default doesn't work very well in this game. I increased steering axis deadzone inside from 10 (default) up to somwhere in between 50 - 70 before I could begin to drive with decency.

I usually go 0-100 in the steering dead zones (inside-outside.)

Same, but this is not working for me in FH4.

Last edited:
In my opinion, default doesn't work very well in this game. I increased steering axis deadzone inside from 10 (default) up to somwhere in between 50 - 70 before I could begin to drive with decency.

Same, but this is not working for me in FH4.
There’s a setting in there that doesn’t have to do with dead zones but accuracy at full lock and center depending on which way you set it. I noticed when I put mine to 60 it made it easier to control because it made inputs that aren’t at full lock a bit dampened, making it not so twitchy. I forget the name as I’m at the bar right now, but look into it cus I recall you had an issue with that. I eliminated my dead zones but raised that and it made a good difference.

There’s a setting in there that doesn’t have to do with dead zones but accuracy at full lock and center depending on which way you set it. I noticed when I put mine to 60 it made it easier to control because it made inputs that aren’t at full lock a bit dampened, making it not so twitchy. I forget the name as I’m at the bar right now, but look into it cus I recall you had an issue with that. I eliminated my dead zones but raised that and it made a good difference.

Ok, any chance you're talking about the linearity setting which is at 50 by default?

What does 0 inside and 100 outside mean. I will try that other setting at 65. But the 0-100 thing please be more clear.

It's referring to deadzones, which means how much input you can apply before the game responds to your input. Inside is the deadzone around the very center of the directional stick. Outside is the outer edge of the directional stick, or full lock.

I'm pretty sure that Inside 0 - Outside 100 translates no deadzones at all. The full range of stick movement gets picked up by the game.

In FH4 I prefer the steering deadzones to be Inside 65 - Outside 100. It gives a nice dampened feeling around the center of the directional stick, eliminating much of the default twitchiness.

I will try that other setting at 65.

The steering linearity setting? I tried using a higher value but it didn't improve the controls for me.

Go ahead and experiment with the feedback shared here. You can always reset to default and try again.

Ok thanks. I wonder if I should just use the same settings forza Motorsport 7 is set to.

i think that you can do as they share a common philosophy in terms of controller feeling anyways, so most probably it works in both games almost the same.
i at least drive it like in FM7 and its cool (whereas FM7 i hate it because it feels dull compared to Assetto Corsa or PCars 2 but in an arcade racer its fine)

for perfect steering and such. I use the elite controller. Just curious. I have always used default

I'm on default with the elite and find it a touch twitchy so I've adjusted the left stick in the controller settings to be a bit less sensitive.

I also have ABS off with the left trigger lock on. Makes for much more predictable and smooth braking with worrying about massive lockups.

My Logitech G27 with cronusmax Drive Hub wont work with Horizon 4 but works fine with Forza 7 and online Horizon 2.

The wheel has to be turned practically half way before the car responds, un-drive-able. Yes the pedals work and yes the wheel does turn the car but in a way that makes it impossible to use.

I have NO clue how to adjust the "wheel", didnt know you could so I am lost. IF I could adjust the wheel for this game would I have to readjust for other games? Dont know if I can do all that.

Notice when I switch from hand controller to G27 using the drive hub it does NOT make me click on my username to sign in again, dont know if that matters.

Saw video, change axis and all kinds of things, made tons of adjustments to game advanced settings, no change at all for me, nothing.

So it all works if you are OK with turning the wheel 100 degrees before the car moves. Made radical changes in advanced and nothing changed for me, nothing. I have to move the wheel a full quarter or more turn to get the car to move.

Last edited:

If you mean it gives a more subdued feeling at full lock it's right to raise the value, but then it becomes the opposite more sensitive at the center, I personally like it less sensitive at center., I use 45 with my wheel, I haven't try this options with my controller.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back