What’s this # sign when using a H pattern shifter?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nathaniel_Wu
  • 5 comments
  • 2,077 views
Messages
271
United States
China & USA
dc8c7ce7daa2c87fe45f4735f68fc05c.jpeg


So I just received my Fanatec H pattern shifter from their Black Friday deal, during test driving I noticed that sometimes between gears it shows this # sign in place of the current gear on the hud. Does anyone know what it means?
For example, when shifting from 2nd gear to 3rd, it should go from 2 to N then to 3, but sometimes it would flash this # sign in between N and 3.
It doesn’t affect the gear change, but I’m just curious whether it indicates that I am not using the clutch correctly or something.
 
Yes, it does that instead of N at the moment you are between gears when shifting.
 
It does show N though, just sometimes shows the # sign after N and before the next gear.
Naturally, when you shift gears, you will have to return the stick briefly to the center, which is obviously the Neutral gear.
 
It does that, there is nothing wrong. I never paid a ton of attention to the timing of the gear number, N, and #, but I can tell you it has always done that and you needn't worry.
 
Back