What’s your opinion on v rally 4 and dirt 2.0

United States
Brookyln
I saw v rally 4 is on sale on PlayStation. That’s why I’m asking.

I want something with rally cross in it but I’m also curious on your opinions about v rally4 I want games more sim related then arcade or something close to sim.

What is v rally like for handeling and gameplay? Is it worth it for the sale price how sim is it. I don’t see the point to have to many rally games because I know I definitely want Wrc 8 for rally but the sale price is tempting.

What about rally 2.0 that seems like the best choice out of the options for just rally cross. It’s not on sale but I would wait for a sale but what’s your opinion on it. I don’t care about the rally modes I think wrc8 will be better.

Does Wrc 8 have rally cross or no?

I enjoyed V-Rally 4, but it's definitely more on the arcade end of the spectrum, and it was worth maybe 30-40 hours of gameplay.

I'm also enjoying DiRT Rally 2.0, and it's more of a sim, and I've played over 300 hours so far and am not likely to stop until after they've finished releasing new content for it. There are some legitimate complaints about DR2.0 (always online career, AI balance, etc) but the pure driving experience is one of the best I've played in recent memory. RX is good in DR2.0 but you're missing out if you ignore the rally content.

There's no RX in WRC8.

I enjoyed playing V Rally 4, it has a lot of content spread across several disciplines, I think it's a great game.
I can't comment on DR2 as although I own it I haven't played it yet.
Have you played the original DR ? The RX is really, really good. You could probably pick this up very cheap or on an offer now.

I think the RX in VR4 is good. Probably one of the better disciplines in the game. You may also enjoy the buggy race modes as well but the buggies are much more arcade-like.

DR2.0 is more sim-like but for whatever reason I stick with the Rally mode. I like both games but I play the DiRT series way more. It’s been a while since I’ve messed around with VR4.

If the VR4 price is right for you then I say go for it.

I have both, VR4 is really disappointing, DR 2.0 is great. But more hardcore. You've been warned.

I was leaning toward dirt 2.0 after seeing it has official rally cross and it’s better overall. But I was curious on opinions for v rally 4. Right now just v rally 4 is on sale 23 dollars. But I’m going to get dirt 2.0

I was leaning toward dirt 2.0 after seeing it has official rally cross and it’s better overall. But I was curious on opinions for v rally 4. Right now just v rally 4 is on sale 23 dollars. But I’m going to get dirt 2.0

Why not get both ? The RX in VR4 is good as well, I enjoyed it.

Because dirt is just better all around and I’m getting wrc8 and wreakfest and fia truck racing and moto gp and I have f1 2019. And I want Dakar 18 if it’s on sale someday. So yeah I don’t need vrally 4

Back