What a difference a "->" makes.

  • Thread starter Thread starter TheROADKRAKEN
  • 12 comments
  • 1,479 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
211
Messages
TheROADKRAKEN
It's the last lap of my first-ever endurance race (B-Spec'd them all in GT4, never got around to them in GT3) and I pause the game to turn off a radio, pick the controller back up and accidentally hit the "->" (right directional) button just microseconds before I hit "x" to continue. You know what that does? Can anybody guess?


Yes.

It restarts the race... without any confirmation.

Just that horrible, sinking feeling, followed by several combinations of "unbelievable" and "unreal" laced with various expletives and curses... acceptance eventually sets in and I reach for the keyboard and the comfort of GTPlanet :boggled:

Shared stories of this nature and worse might help me right now.

Thanks
 
Exact same thing happened to me last night... 178 laps into the 200 lap Indy 500 Enduro and bam, all progress gone ... PLEASE PD ADD A FREAKING "YES NO CONFIRMATION" :ouch:

I feel your pain mate :(
 
Exact same thing happened to me last night... 178 laps into the 200 lap Indy 500 Enduro and bam, all progress gone ... PLEASE PD ADD A FREAKING "YES NO CONFIRMATION" :ouch:

I feel your pain mate :(

Wait, so if you just touch the right directional button it restarts the race? or do you have to press X
 
Just reading those comments made me angry, that's gotta be the worse.
 
Amazing that you're able to still come here and make a coherent post after such a traumatic experience!! I haven't had anything that bad yet, I think the worst was screwing up a gold on license S-8 on the final turn, after hours of trying. I got it after a few more tries, though.
 
Wait, so if you just touch the right directional button it restarts the race? or do you have to press X

You have to press X but in my case... I had the game paused, dropped the control and it moved the cursor right and hit X by itself... Not happy but what can you do :nervous:
 
I have done this before, but luckily it wasn't an important race. I was annoyed but I almost feel stupid reading these experiences.
 
You have to press X but in my case... I had the game paused, dropped the control and it moved the cursor right and hit X by itself... Not happy but what can you do :nervous:
On the Fanatec GT3, Start and Right are basically touching each other, so it is VERY easy to hit them simultaneously. Often if I pause the game I also hit Right and put the cursor on the Restart option... when unpausing I am more careful and I haven't restarted a race inadvertently (yet :nervous:).
 
Good thing it wasn't after 23:59:30 on the 24 hour Nurb race. Now THAT would suck.
 
The same thing happened to me yesterday I was on lap 47/60 and restart :( I cannot imagine being on any of the longer ones (4 hrs +) and restarting.
 
Good thing it wasn't after 23:59:30 on the 24 hour Nurb race. Now THAT would suck.

That would make the news. For violent reasons.

The neighbors would say "He was always very polite and kept to himself, he kept the constant stream of engine revs at a respectable volume..."
 
I recall about a week ago some guy arguing his very best against my insistence that confirmation screens were a good idea. He seemed to think the extra 1/2 second or so was a waste of time. I hope he sees this topic.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back