What about "pleasure" tracks?

  • Thread starter Thread starter jhousdan
  • 12 comments
  • 924 views
Messages
17
United States
United States
Messages
jhousdan
Tracks that require a high level of practice to master are fun and all, but what about adding some tracks where you can kind of kick back and just enjoy that you're driving some awesome cars? An example that comes to mind was the "Tahiti road" track from GT2, It wasn't a technically demanding track, and it had great scenery to soak in (graphics wise for its day that is)... am I the only one that thinks about this?
 
I imagine the new Spanish track will fill that gap for you quite nicely, especially when it's incorporated into the course maker. It's just a matter of when we'll get them.
 
The scenery is just a bonus for me. First I want the track to be technically demanding then pretty. I will take a bland track any day if it's fun to drive. It's kinda the old game play over graphics debate. Look at the ring, it's not pretty but damn fun to drive.
 
Ascari. Wide enough to not have to worry about being on the edge all the time, no view blocks from stands or major infrastructure. Great addition to the franchise, I hope it stays for GT7 and beyond.
 
I read "pleasure tracks" and immediately thought about the Nordschleife.

I suppose it means didn't things to different people.

I can be in a 380pp 169bhp FWD car on comfort mediums and be in my pleasure zone on the 'Ring (ooer)
 
Motegi fills that niche for me, I set the time to early sunset, hop into my favorite cars (I highly recommend a fully modded Suzuki GSX-R, its like this car is made for it) and do some time trial laps. The turns are easy, the layout has a nice rhythmic flow to it, it just has the right length, the track is wide, and the scenery is beautiful when the sun sets.
 
I still don't necessarily like racing it, but Mount Panorama has really grown on me as a knock-around track. Grand Valley is a great one, too.
 
Grand Valley is very good for this, as are Apricot Hill and Deep Forest. Even Monaco is a good track to just cruise round, despite being rather complex.
 
I *really* took to grand valley! That corner on top of the hill coming down kind of sucks but for the rest of the track I can pretty much hammer down and kick back with the sun in my eyes. I think I like special route X for the same reason. Cape ring periphery is another one I love for the view.

Fuzzyfez, I think you're right about it meaning different things to different people. I think of Nordschlife and my blood pressure goes up just a little. It seems like every time I take to that track, I'm running on edge and *just* pushing the boundaries of "out of control" for whatever car I take there.

As for Mt. Panorama, that track can burn in the firey hell from whence it came... path is too narrow and very easy to lose control in a good size part of the map. It's pretty but in most races you don't really have time to enjoy the scenery there.
 
Deep Forest and Trail Mountain are two of my favorite courses to just cruise around at my own pase and enjoy the car. Say thing with Mt. Panorama so long as the car you want to enjoy is good in the corners and you can handle it. Although being a "little" tail happy is always fun. :)
 
I read "pleasure tracks" and immediately thought about the Nordschleife.

Pleasure, not torture! Although since getting a G27 that track is far more fun to drive, on the DS3 it's torture.

I rarely notice any of the Scenery except when viewing replays, so much concentration on the road, trying to see all the elevation changes, bank angles, and visualizing the straight-lines through the turns, I can't be bothered with the scenery.
 
I read "pleasure tracks" and immediately thought about the Nordschleife.
Yep, me too. It's that technical challenge and overcoming it that gives me the greatest pleasure in GT. That said...

I still don't necessarily like racing it, but Mount Panorama has really grown on me as a knock-around track.
This. When it comes to just messing around and admiring the scenery few tracks can best Bathurst. Although nailing those left hand bends at full speed, over the top of the circuit before you head back down, is SO satisfying.

My personal favourite right now however is the Matterhorn. It's SO pretty! I can't stop taking photos of all my favourite cars there. It's not too challenging to drive around at about 80% speed (avoiding damaging the car for the photos) and just take in the mountains and the hills whilst the sun sets over them. Lovely!

NOTE: Seeings as "favourite" has a red wavy line under it I'm now off to see where I've set my laptop's language settings to American English (or Simplified English as I've seen it called :p) and change it to the correct setting. :irked:
 
Back