What about that for a lobby!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tidgney
  • 16 comments
  • 860 views

Tidgney

Premium
Messages
3,376
United Kingdom
Southport
Messages
Youtube_Tidgney
Never seen a 24 strong S/S lobby before :O!

26168897_10156505629531554_1270530924028357596_n.jpg


Had some fantastic racing in it as well! Believe it or not it was my first (official, I had done 1 fun race there) race ever at Interlagos and i think this is the last track I needed to learn properly (I last played it in either F1 96 or Toca race driver if it was in that). Came 6th in the end but was happy with that in the grand scheme of things as I couldn't put a lap together in qualifying... Literally, 2 tenths down end of sector 2 and improved my lap.
 
Well, that was a bad race. Spun out once and got pushed to the grass twice. Started 13th (at .5 from pole) and finished 20th at 30+ seconds.

The framerate was a joke in heavy breaking zones. I guess this was due to the high amount of cars racing close together. Only got clean and stable framerate once the field was spread out - which sucks for all the drivers who are not in front.
 
Well, that was a bad race. Spun out once and got pushed to the grass twice. Started 13th (at .5 from pole) and finished 20th at 30+ seconds.

The framerate was a joke in heavy breaking zones. I guess this was due to the high amount of cars racing close together. Only got clean and stable framerate once the field was spread out - which sucks for all the drivers who are not in front.

Are you on a PS4 or a PS4 Pro?
 
Are you on a PS4 or a PS4 Pro?

Standard. But @MINKIHL is on a PRO and told me right after the race finished he had the same issue.

And I think 2 drivers dropped out before or during the race, so we were 22 in the end. :/
 
Standard. But @MINKIHL is on a PRO and told me right after the race finished he had the same issue.

And I think 2 drivers dropped out before or during the race, so we were 22 in the end. :/

Ahhh that's a shame, wonder what it could be. Which track was that one on? We had 2 drop out, I think 1 was an internet connection for sure!
 
I think that was the worst race i ever drove.... i found no speed at all, not in the quali, not in the race...

The worst on the whole race was, that in the pack, the framerate went couple of times very low...or noticeable low... like in the last corner.

On the other Hand iam completly against this Superstar stuff... you train one week, you have 4 good races but you had bad luck or something else in that superstar race..you out of everything...

For me... screw up all the sport mode championships... iam out till the next superstar race, the rest is not worth driving anymore...
 
I think that was the worst race i ever drove.... i found no speed at all, not in the quali, not in the race...

The worst on the whole race was, that in the pack, the framerate went couple of times very low...or noticeable low... like in the last corner.

On the other Hand iam completly against this Superstar stuff... you train one week, you have 4 good races but you had bad luck or something else in that superstar race..you out of everything...

For me... screw up all the sport mode championships... iam out till the next superstar race, the rest is not worth driving anymore...

I like the idea of the top 24 superstars but I do think just either a base of 2000 or 1500 or something a long those lines and then the points going up not a 300% boost. As it will mean one of the races is worth going for every day. I know the 9 pm race I go for is a little quieter than normal so I can't at the moment get over 2000 points even for a win and there's more luck involved in getting that strong lobby. Where as if there's 1 strong lobby defined but you can still race in other races I think that combats that problem as the ones going for the title can aim for that race and others who are after a significant race can also still pick their time and have a good race.
 
Gettin me excited. First Top 24s I'll be trying (pretty sure I can get in?). I'll get crushed but whatever. Just to be a part of the room is honor enough for me.

Super hope they plan to broadcast these races somehow. At least post the replay for each region on the news thing or whatever. Then we could probably get a pair of quality youtubers/good drivers to commentate over them. Super_GT has a good voice for it.
 
Last edited:
Well, that was a bad race. Spun out once and got pushed to the grass twice. Started 13th (at .5 from pole) and finished 20th at 30+ seconds.

The framerate was a joke in heavy breaking zones. I guess this was due to the high amount of cars racing close together. Only got clean and stable framerate once the field was spread out - which sucks for all the drivers who are not in front.

I think that was the worst race i ever drove.... i found no speed at all, not in the quali, not in the race...

The worst on the whole race was, that in the pack, the framerate went couple of times very low...or noticeable low... like in the last corner.

On the other Hand iam completly against this Superstar stuff... you train one week, you have 4 good races but you had bad luck or something else in that superstar race..you out of everything...

For me... screw up all the sport mode championships... iam out till the next superstar race, the rest is not worth driving anymore...

Didn't felt framerate issues on a 1Go slim PS4, but a bit of lagging from some cars at the beginning (especially Jamie with only one connexion bar in the first laps, I think a couple drivers got big troubles because of that). Although I've already seen that in a few regular races with 20 cars in.

@zzz_pt yeah saw your spin first hand, shame you crashed, the battle was clean and fair.

@MINKIHL don't forget those are test seasons, it might change in the future. I'd say the flat bonus of 2000 points would be enough in itself without a need for the multiplier, but as of now I don't give points that much of an importance (I can understand the frustration though). I'd rather have a bit less divebombing from some guys, and most of all a better BoP.
 
It's a shame they can't analyse everyone's isp for compatibility pre race, maybe some sort of routing or dedicated server, that sucks to hear network issues.
 
Gettin me excited. First Top 24s I'll be trying (pretty sure I can get in?). I'll get crushed but whatever. Just to be a part of the room is honor enough for me.

Super hope they plan to broadcast these races somehow. At least post the replay for each region on the news thing or whatever. Then we could probably get a pair of quality youtubers/good drivers to commentate over them. Super_GT has a good voice for it.

I think they are planning on broadcasting them based on the E3 2016 video;

 
They will need to sort something out with network then, they won't want to broadcast a laggy race, it would be horrific for participants to watch a replay that has been edited post race to smooth out any lost packets they experienced.
 
Back