what AI would you like in gt7 from other gt games

• Thread starter Zooleg
  • 15 comments

best GT AI

• Total voters
United States
United States
Zooleg
each GT games AI seem to had there own driving style, GT1s AI was just fast, GT3s would dive bomb you from out of no where, and GT6s mine as well see if they can pass the first license test, then fail so much that they get that green book from GT2

Yup we need a start from scratch option.

GT's Ai has only ever reached the dizzy heights of "almost just about acceptable" in GT 4 but it has never been good.

The only good AI the series has had was in GT5, and even that alternated between "plausible challenge with slightly worse car" (when PD put in the effort to balance the AI car selection pool) and "dodge the roadblocks" (when they didn't bother). Let's have them aim a bit higher than that.

PD must take a clean slate approach for the GT7 AI. Nothing else will be acceptable in 2015. GT6 AI is already inferior to AI from games which came out 10 years ago. With the extra resources afforded by PS4 there will be no excuse for PD to present us with the rubbish we are currently subjected to.

PD must take a clean slate approach for the GT7 AI. Nothing else will be acceptable in 2015. GT6 AI is already inferior to AI from games which came out 10 years ago. With the extra resources afforded by PS4 there will be no excuse for PD to present us with the rubbish we are currently subjected to.

This in a nutshell. Kazunori has hinted to better AI for GT7, but time will tell...

I think the AI from GT2 should be in GT7. For those of you who played GT2, you will know that the AI were very competitive and weren't afraid to claw back a lead lost or challenge you when you have just made a move past them to gain a position. To some degree they were still a little stupid but at least they kept you on your toes as they did in GT1, and GT3. GT4 they were too easy and 5&6 was just a waste. Hopefully GT7's AI will have more of a interactive brain that will learn your moves on track when attacking and attack back.

The AI is only half the issue. In most events, the grid is so unbalanced that most opponents are just slow moving obstacles. Even if you carefully select your car to make the fastest opponent competitive, the others are too often dead in the water. Obviously the AI has been insufficient so far, but the lack of balance just makes everything seem even worse than it actually is. There will and should always be some variation on the grid with cars that are significantly weaker (after all it's the same in real life F1 for example), but there's no reason to have have cars of a lower class in a single class race.

An AI that respects basic racing etiquette and competitive grids would go a long way. I'm not even going to start hoping for a positively aggressive AI, that's just not going to happen.

I want GT7 AI. I just want an overall improvement in the AI. AI has never been a strong suit of this series and I would like to see some improvements, and I bet that can happen.

I think the AI from GT2 should be in GT7. For those of you who played GT2, you will know that the AI were very competitive and weren't afraid to claw back a lead lost or challenge you when you have just made a move past them to gain a position. To some degree they were still a little stupid but at least they kept you on your toes as they did in GT1, and GT3. GT4 they were too easy and 5&6 was just a waste. Hopefully GT7's AI will have more of a interactive brain that will learn your moves on track when attacking and attack back.
Yeah, something like that. Maybe even have some rubber banding?

The AI is only half the issue. In most events, the grid is so unbalanced that most opponents are just slow moving obstacles. Even if you carefully select your car to make the fastest opponent competitive, the others are too often dead in the water. Obviously the AI has been insufficient so far, but the lack of balance just makes everything seem even worse than it actually is. There will and should always be some variation on the grid with cars that are significantly weaker (after all it's the same in real life F1 for example), but there's no reason to have have cars of a lower class in a single class race.

An AI that respects basic racing etiquette and competitive grids would go a long way. I'm not even going to start hoping for a positively aggressive AI, that's just not going to happen.

Yeah, they should avoid having slowpokes in races. For example, the Fuji 1000km race in GT4. While the AI is mainly composed of various LMP cars, I've seen the Corvette C5R appear on the grid, and that thing is REALLY slow. They should make most, if not every race, single class, or maybe include a few similar classes. And let's not forget the Honda Accord in the Grand Valley 300. For example, they could lump together LMP1/LMP2 (Are there even any LMP2 cars in GT?) with Group C. Or GT500 with DTM. For example, the Suzuka 1000km endurance in GT4 mainly features GT500 and DTM cars, which is a theoretically even matchup as they have similar specs (Usually around 2500-2600 lb, 450 hp). And the Grand Valley 300 in GT2 has (theoretically) fairly matched production sports cars such as the Venturi 400, RUF Porsches, TVRs and Vipers. Though the Venturi usually blows everybody away. The balance could really use some work. And actually make the AI use their cars to their full potential. I don't want to blow away the AI in an evenly matched car, like in GT3's Formula GT. If Rynogt4's Let's Play of GT4 is any indication, it's just as bad, if not worse than that in the 4th game.

Though I do enjoy driving slower cars than the AI sometimes. The BP Trueno in GT2 is a lot of fun because it's so underpowered, but able to keep up with the best because it handles so well. Ditto for the Gillet Vertigo in GT3.[/QUOTE]

Back