What Aids should a crap driver use ???

  • Thread starter Thread starter TrevElvis
  • 10 comments
  • 1,069 views
Messages
128
I am not a very good driver so had the driving aids on until the A Spec Like the Wind race for which I turned them all off, Now I have my Minolta I dont know what aids to put back on as forgotten what I had on before, I am stuggling with the Gran Turismo All Stars in my Minolta . So whats worth having on and whats not ?????
 
TCS-3....ABS-1....ASM-OFF....
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
thatswhat i use for over powere RWD cars, it should be perfect for a not-so-great driver aswell :)
 
Great post... I shall try this for my Minolta... Been having difficulty in controlling my turns and other aspects during the ring of the dream car championship. Hopefully this will allow me to get a gold rather then a silver all the time.

Edit: yup this fixed my problem... Finally got gold after two days on the ring of dream car championship. SO happy.
 
Last edited:
TCS-3....ABS-1....ASM-OFF....
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
thatswhat i use for over powere RWD cars, it should be perfect for a not-so-great driver aswell :)

I am struggling with whatever car I use, so there is something wrong somewhere. Not sure what to try my cars seems to slide towards the wall where before I managed to turn ok also i need to brake alot more than before, Any Ideas
 
try to switch on slip stop (directly below tcs) and may increase abs to 3-5. this should stop you sliding when you brake before a turn
 
try to switch on slip stop (directly below tcs) and may increase abs to 3-5. this should stop you sliding when you brake before a turn

I have tried that also either I cant drive anymore or I am seriously missing something . I cant even handle my favorite car now which is 4WD so stuck. The worst thing I did was winning LIke the Wind as if I hadnt would of had the driving aids just right. with my GT-r I slide at corners I brake with hardly any reaction. HELP
 
If you plan to use no aids at all later on I would suggest that you use no aides at all and learn that way.
believe me its worse if your used to the aids then all of a sudden you have to deal with out them.
If you have learned from the get go with no aides switched on then you don't know any different and any skill you learn is all you and non of the aides.
 
I can only say that with no aids you will be a lot faster. It is hard to switch over but worth it in so many ways.

I have just made the switch (by force) having joined a group here who force out No Assists on the online races, I was forced to learn and now I can hold my own with them :) It did not take more than 5 days to get the hang of the slower in and not so hard out (ABS/TCS). The rest is.....
 
I would suggest that you use no aids at all. If you are starting from such a low self-proclaimed position, you might as well do it right the first time round. If you are serious, ABS=1 is the bare minimum you need. 👍
 
ABS 1 for race cars/high powered cars

no aids otherwise
 
Is there a part of the game that you are not allowed to use Aids

, Its just I am getting my first ever wheel for christmas and thought If I was going to get use to driving a new way I should do it all together when I have my whe
 
Back