What am I doing wrong?

Malta
Malta
D1DRFT_Dalton
Hi guys,

For the past few days I've been testing out various tuning settings but I just can't figure it out.

My biggest issue is suspension travel. I've built many powerful cars like the Supra and the R32 and no matter how stiff I put the suspension the front of the car lifts like it has jelly suspension. On some occasions, the front raise is so huge with power that I can't actually see the road and can only see most of the sky.

Another car I noticed this with is the GT3 RS, with race tyres it just feels way too twitchy and any time I go near the throttle, even on the straights, the front just lifts and the back squats. I'm using a G29 so throttle control is not an issue. That being said, the GT3 is manageable some careful driving as it has very good grip most times.

I can't understand the feeling of this game with the road cars. Stock they feel pretty good, but any time I modify them they feel like crap to drive. Yesterday I upgraded the new NSX and the oversteer was so bad it literally spins 180 degrees if you go anywhere near the steering wheel, even at speeds as slow as 20 mph.

I don't know if there's a trick, or setting I'm unaware of, but it's really ruining the game for me, and I really do like tuning road cars for track day servers, I spent hundreds of hours doing this on GT5 and GT6. The GT3 cars feel amazing to drive, so it's really frustrating that every time I upgrade a road car to a considerable amount of power they feel so unstable.

Any help or guide lines would be greatly appreciated

Hi guys,

For the past few days I've been testing out various tuning settings but I just can't figure it out.

My biggest issue is suspension travel. I've built many powerful cars like the Supra and the R32 and no matter how stiff I put the suspension the front of the car lifts like it has jelly suspension. On some occasions, the front raise is so huge with power that I can't actually see the road and can only see most of the sky.

Another car I noticed this with is the GT3 RS, with race tyres it just feels way too twitchy and any time I go near the throttle, even on the straights, the front just lifts and the back squats. I'm using a G29 so throttle control is not an issue. That being said, the GT3 is manageable some careful driving as it has very good grip most times.

I can't understand the feeling of this game with the road cars. Stock they feel pretty good, but any time I modify them they feel like crap to drive. Yesterday I upgraded the new NSX and the oversteer was so bad it literally spins 180 degrees if you go anywhere near the steering wheel, even at speeds as slow as 20 mph.

I don't know if there's a trick, or setting I'm unaware of, but it's really ruining the game for me, and I really do like tuning road cars for track day servers, I spent hundreds of hours doing this on GT5 and GT6. The GT3 cars feel amazing to drive, so it's really frustrating that every time I upgrade a road car to a considerable amount of power they feel so unstable.

Any help or guide lines would be greatly appreciated

It may probably have to do with the Tyre Model... but not only...

The good thing in GTS is that every setting is working in the good way.
The problem is that some settings parameters have a too small setting range window. Like the springs and anti roll bars .
Another strange behavior is that it seems to still have some free ride height under the tarmac :confused:. Even with the lower setting and the slower springs , you will never bottom out the car.
The mains options that stay are Ride height , TOE and camber that are working very well , in combination with the differential.
To contain the inertia of a happy tail car during weight transfer , the rear camber is excelent . You can raise it till a higher than normal value in this case, around 3 to 5 degrees.
Unfortunately , some cars have very bad stock tune and the narrow settings range don't allow to correct them properly.
Also the low speed physics behaviors of most of the cats in GTS is a little weird.

The good thing in GTS is that every setting is working in the good way.
The problem is that some settings parameters have a too small setting range window. Like the springs and anti roll bars .
Another strange behavior is that it seems to still have some free ride height under the tarmac :confused:. Even with the lower setting and the slower springs , you will never bottom out the car.
The mains options that stay are Ride height , TOE and camber that are working very well , in combination with the differential.
To contain the inertia of a happy tail car during weight transfer , the rear camber is excelent . You can raise it till a higher than normal value in this case, around 3 to 5 degrees.
Unfortunately , some cars have very bad stock tune and the narrow settings range don't allow to correct them properly.
Also the low speed physics behaviors of most of the cats in GTS is a little weird.

Probably due to the tyre model...

Back