What arcade racers do you enjoy most on PS4?

• Thread starter CustomX
  • 6 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Germany
Germany
Assume that you class GTS as a sim, what more arcadey racers do you like most?

Here's a few that I've got and my thoughts.

Onrush -played a few times. Seems fun but its less about racing and more about killing oppoonents and capturing territory.
Dirt 4 - ok but found it a bit tiresome. Don't touch it now that I've gotten into GTSport.
Beach Buggy racing (wanted a mariokart type game to play with the wife) - bored after 30 mins.
Wipeout Omega collection - I find the controls a bit too sensitive but wil lgive it more of a chance as people seem to rate it highly
Rocket League - quite fun but obv not really a "racer"
MXGP3 - bikes. Horrible physics. Played 10 mins and havebn't touched it since. Will sell it as its a physical disc.
Tiny Trax - slotcars in VR. Very cool but I find the whole VR headset a bit of a pain to use so I barely touch it. Good for playing vrbangers though.
GTA V - not a racer and I haven't had time to really get far into the missions (thanks GTSport) but I do quite enjoy just stealing cars and fangin' around town trying to outrun the cops.

I've played Onrush and I think its style over substance. The racing tended to be nonsensical and the "win condtions" is very vague. This is the death knell for ex Driveclub staff.

Dirt 4 I found pretty dry overall - this from someone who quite liked Dirt 3 but I'm kind of over that rally vibe.

I could never get used to Wipeout XL on the ps3 so...

DRIVECLUB
The only arcade racing title I own on PS4 is DRIVECLUB. I absolutely loved it and put a monstrous amount of time into it. It had a troubled start but Evolution Studios did a fantastic job in the end.

GT Sport.

This is only that to me as the online/competitive racing us just so flawed it's not proper racing.

Asetto Corsa, Dirt, Burnout, but of GTA with crewmates to remove any pettiness.

This game is so restricted compared too.
(Edited for spelling)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back