What are some essential features/things that should be in a TT2?

• Thread starter A2K78
  • 14 comments
United States
orlando,FL,USA
this isn't wish liste per se, what are some essential thing you'll love to see should we ever get a TT2?

For me personally:

- MotoGP bikes(current and past machines e.g. Honda NSR500, Yamaha YZR500, RGV500)

- WSBK machines

-FIM/AMA supercross bikes(bikes of Ryan Dungey and James Stwart in particular)

- Rossi's Suzuka 8hr VTR1000SPW(Team Cabin):

rab047-honda-cabin-rossi-11.jpg

- Colin Edwards Castrol Honda VTR1000SPW

- ATV

- A supercross mode
- A hemlet cam/view similiar to what MotoGP 4 had
- A tail cam/view, MotoGP also has this
- MotoGP tracks such as Phillip Island, Sachsenring, Paul Ricard, Jerez, Mugello, Catalunya, etc.
- More helmet makers such a X-Lite, Nolan, Icon, etc.

I would like all the above and improved physics over the first game. I would also love to be able to race againts ghost laps of my car lap times in GT5. The sound of the bikes were pretty good for mosts bikes but I would like to see an improvement all round as well.

Physics is the most important thing. The throttle needs to work properly, and the tyres need to respond properly, if that makes it "too hard" then there should be options. Then all the bikes will be interesting to ride, rather than just the fast ones (which were also flawed, but were excitingly quick).

Once that's sorted, I don't think there's much else it would need that wasn't in TT1.

Moto GP would be nice but highly unlikely because of licences, some older Moto GP bikes could be added perhaps like the Ferrari F2007 was in Prologue.
Personally i could do without most scooters although a small selection would be nice.
Some dirt bikes were in the original, but without a proper dirt track they seemed a bit pointless, so please add some dirt tracks.
And with dirt tracks added, how about some of those Dakar bikes?
Physics might need some work, but am perfectly satisfied with cockpit view as it was.
Tracks are probably just gonna be GT5 tracks as it's a spin-off game although being Dutch i would like to see Assen included.....
More helmets and suits would be nice but not as essential in my view as a much larger selection of road and race bikes, both modern as well as a large selection of classic bikes as well, and more general in game content to fully justify it as a GT for bike-enthusiasts.
More lesser known brands ( KTM, MotoGuzzi, Bimota, etc. )could be added, although most essential brands already seem to be present, and some brands need to be better represented ( like Ducati for instance ).
Like GT some concept-bikes could be included, and perhaps apart from online capability one more feature i would like to see is some sort of customizing/tuning ability to enhance performance and adding a personal touch.

analog
Moto GP would be nice but highly unlikely because of licences, some older Moto GP bikes could be added perhaps like the Ferrari F2007 was in Prologue.

While its true that Capcom has the rights to MotoGP, when it come to PD I wouldn't put it past them to approach Dorna about getting the rights especially when you consider the fact Capcom's usage of the license expire soon.

analog
selection of classic bikes as well, and more general in game content to fully justify it as a GT for bike-enthusiasts.

If bikes like the BMW R25, BMW R32(1924), Triumph 6T, Yamaha XS650C, Honda RC116, and Honda RC142 were to make the cut I'll be in heaven.

analog
More lesser known brands ( KTM, MotoGuzzi, Bimota, etc. )could be added, although most essential brands already seem to be present, and some brands need to be better represented ( like Ducati for instance ).[/QUOT]

KTM isn't really that less known, but I was shocked thier bikes never made the cut in the original TT.

Speaking of, this is the helmet cam/view I was talking about:

924374_20060619_screen016.jpg

Ontop of that it woul be nice to have something this at the bike selection screen:

924374_20060619_screen015.jpg

Ontop of that it woul be nice to have something this at the bike selection screen:

924374_20060619_screen015.jpg

But putting people in the game is something PD never do. And also a reason why MotoGP bikes could be possible.

PD don't want the rights to represent the series, or the season, or even the riders, they just want the bikes.

KTM is indeed quite well known, i just named a few brands on top of my head which were not included so far, but there are many more brands i probably could have named which are far less known.

The option for helmet view is something i personally would probably not use, although more options in general are always welcome and i agree with sinbad that PD are only interested in the machinery.

Hope they will bring out TT2, i will definitely buy it regardless what content it offers, but a larger amount of brands, bikes, general content and options are something i really hope for and sort of expect, considering the first one was rushed because of time restrictions.

I really think they added dirt bikes and were expecting also to include dirt tracks but simply hit the deadline.

KTM is indeed quite well known, i just named a few brands on top of my head which were not included so far, but there are many more brands i probably could have named which are far less known.

The option for helmet view is something i personally would probably not use, although more options in general are always welcome and i agree with sinbad that PD are only interested in the machinery.

Now tell me this doesn't look immersive now :P

ME0000582866_2.jpg

ME0000582827_2.jpg

Last edited:
Well, i guess it's just personal preference, wouldn't mind if it were to be included as another option, but i just prefer the cockpit view as it was and would therefor choose that option, does look nice though. ;)

But putting people in the game is something PD never do. And also a reason why MotoGP bikes could be possible.

PD don't want the rights to represent the series, or the season, or even the riders, they just want the bikes.

Actually its not people who I would like to see per se, but rather the cutomized rider sitting on the bike while on the selection screen as oppose to the bare bike.

Well putting people in a game is now more or less fact, we've all seen the video of Sebastien Loeb in the C4 WRC car, so it may become possible to have more options regarding creating a driver/rider or choosing a real life one in/on some vehicles.
Maybe a customized rider on the selection screen could be optional, i'd much prefer the bare bikes being represented in full detail, as the rider might block some details of the bike.

Ooooh, TT2... where to start? :P

• Improved Physics. With options, as already mentioned - similar to what we'll probably get with GT5.
  • Off-road would be cool - I'd love to see trials, a la Motoracer 3 :dopey:
  • More historic models, yes, definitely - although, I'm not too bothered about contemporary race bikes :scared:
  • Ability to customise / remove fairings for improved weight distribution / low speed nimbleness (at a trade-off for high-speed comfort / stability).
  • If PD are going random / procedural point-to-point tracks for GT5, then no doubt they'd be in TT2 (if it happens) - either way, this sort of thing would be brilliant, since it suits all motorcycle types!

The original onboard view was brilliant, too - and I liked the riding form customisation, but it never really felt truly connected. More of the same here would be fine. 👍

Tuning options? Different choices of exhaust types/brands, etc. or the ability to shed some weight of the bike.
Visual customization should in my opinion not have to be radical, although some light touches here and there might be nice ( livery editor or paint options to make your bike more personal ).

Another thing I would like to see is the ability achieve riding forms similar to this as you cannot fully do it in TT:

MotoGP+Of+Japan+BoyvWnHxnual.jpg

118890731_e44920e8ae.jpg

EslickDay2.jpg

Last edited:
Back