What are *THE* most important upgrades/mods to a stocked vehicle?

• Thread starter isamu
  • 5 comments

isamu

(Banned)
As the title says, I am overwhelmed by the sheer amount of upgrades and mods you can apply to a newly purchased stocked vehicle. So many different categories from Engine to turbo to exhaust to tires, brakes, etc etc.... What in your opinion, are *THE* quintessential and must have upgrades one should focus on when looking to increase the car's performance? Which one benefits the car the most and makes it easier to win races?

As the title says, I am overwhelmed by the sheer amount of upgrades and mods you can apply to a newly purchased stocked vehicle. So many different categories from Engine to turbo to exhaust to tires, brakes, etc etc.... What in your opinion, are *THE* quintessential and must have upgrades one should focus on when looking to increase the car's performance? Which one benefits the car the most and makes it easier to win races?
If your car feels heavy and the opponents are way faster than you in acceleration, weight reduction and turbo would be the most efficient upgrades, but don't overdo it. Buying the Stage 1 of each will be good enough to give you better handling and acceleration as well, unless you are still slow. Then you will probably need to upgrade further, or use/buy a better car.
BUT: Be careful with your choice because, unlike other GT games, like GT6, you cannot remove the weight reduction like the rest parts.

Last edited:
Kei and other small cars should receive big power increase from Turbo or NA kits, everything else can be added later.

Heavy cars will benefit from weight reductions, especially if the car itself is not sporty oriented.

Some cars may require upgraded gearbox more than anything else - muscle cars and Honda Element comes to mind.

Weight reduction alone can make a huge difference. I usually try to stay away from anything that increases power - I'll reduce weight, add a new gearbox, flywheel, LSD, camshaft and anything else like that and only go for more power if absolutely necessary.

e.g a stock R34 Skyline is a fantastic car in it's own right. But add a race transmission, race suspension, flywheel, LSD, and lower the weight as much as possible... and you have basically a racing machine without ever needing to increase power (which is 323bhp to begin with anyway). It won't win against Super GTs or Touring Cars of course, but most cars in the sports car class will be left in its dust...

And of course, wherever allowed, racing tires will see you demolish the opposition.

Back