What are your expectations for GT7 in 2024?

• Thread starter BrunusCL82
  • 57 comments
I'm on the opposide of this, I would like to have an oil lamp, so I know when to change oil.
I dunno why, but I like oil changes. Makes the experience feel more real to me. But then again, I also buy copies of my manufacturer cars and apply an all white livery to them and essentially make them my “test cars”. I’m a nerd like that.

As far as GT7-2024

• dynamic weather weather and Sophy on pretty much all tracks
  • 2 circuits
  • physics update
  • massive BOP update for sports mode
  • PSVR HUD adjustments
  • endurance league
  • B-spec with Sophy

Hail Mary’s:

• Team races with driver swaps in sport and SP mode (ps5 only)
  • FFB update

My expectations (or is it wishful thinking?)
  • Imola, Albert Park, Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, SPA update (that's my fav. circuit so I would like to have it up to date in GT7 )
  • VR HUD
  • Endurance races (24h with save option)
  • as for cars I don't know what to expect ( 2k24 WEC roster would be nice, but I know it's impossible especially when official FIA WEC game is in production)

Last edited:
My expectations (or is it wishful thinking?)
  • Imola, Albert Park, Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, SPA update (that's my fav. circuit so I would like to have it up to date in GT7 )
  • VR HUD
  • Endurance races (24h with save option)
  • as for cars I don't know what to expect ( 2k24 WEC roster would be nice, but I know it's impossible especially when official FIA WEC game is in production)
I would be very suprised if new official real circuit comes in gt7 lifetime..
maybe sugo motegi..but just maybe.....

No real expectations from me. I've learned the hard way to expect nothing, and then you enjoy whatever does arrive.

If I was being pushed I'd say 1 fictional track and MAYBE 1 real track. Some cars. 1 bug that allows players to exploit it to get free money/things until patched.

What I'd really like is a Sport Mode overhaul with more interesting Daily Races and new Championships beyond the cookie cutter 3 we keep getting, but can't see it happening. PD seem to be putting minimal effort into this which is a shame, but what's there is still fun.

That's all.

2024 i expect another 30-40 cars 2 more tracks for gt7
The top 3 cars from my predictions i want to see is
ferrari 812 superfast
bmw m5 e60
mitsubishi lancer evolution lx
i think some cars from the gt movie has pretty good chance to arrive this year.
i think updates will not be monthly but once every 2 months instead
sophy on more tracks and hopefully added to custom races
end of the year maybe another overhoul for sophy as well,
if ps5 PRO releasing i think more ps5 exclusive features will arrive to

2025 updates will proably slow down and i think we see announcement of gt8 for the first time with release window of late 2026 or early 2027

2024 i expect another 30-40 cars 2 more tracks for gt7
The top 3 cars from my predictions i want to see is
ferrari 812 superfast
bmw m5 e60
mitsubishi lancer evolution lx
i think some cars from the gt movie has pretty good chance to arrive this year.
i think updates will not be monthly but once every 2 months instead
sophy on more tracks and hopefully added to custom races
end of the year maybe another overhoul for sophy as well,
if ps5 PRO releasing i think more ps5 exclusive features will arrive to

2025 updates will proably slow down and i think we see announcement of gt8 for the first time with release window of late 2026 or early 2027
I would say ... 24 will slow down with updates dont believe we will get a new track location for gt7..seems they dont have content..or maybe they are saving it for next game..end of year we will get next instalment preview probably for end of 25 release..we still didn't get dlc challenge in gt7..they probably have nothing.

I would say ... 24 will slow down with updates dont believe we will get a new track location for gt7..seems they dont have content..or maybe they are saving it for next game..end of year we will get next instalment preview probably for end of 25 release..we still didn't get dlc challenge in gt7..they probably have nothing.
Kaz has already confirmed that updates is not monthly by design and that dosent mean the updates is slowing down in 24, i do belive at least a track or 2 is possible in 24, at least 25-30 cars to, they have not pushed out cars in same rate as was Claimed they could make, either they saving for bigger update or next game, but if ps5 PRO releases this year its pretty safe to say they have something big when it arrives

Well it's been over 2 months since the last update so I expect very little from them. But true to form they will deliver more useless overpowered VGT crud and no up to date race cars. No real world tracks, just more fantasy nonsense. Oh, and about 2000 more scapes because that's what everyone really wants 🙄

I have no idea what to expect, which is partially why I love GT7 in spite of its flaws. I did, however, have some guesses as to what could be coming - that is, besides the Genesis and Bulgari VGTs.

1. Tracks

-Colorado Springs - Lake has the same naming format as other locales that've had additional layouts added, such as Alsace, Sardegna, and Dragon Trail. Could there be a new course for the broader Colorado Springs location?

-Speaking of original tracks, I'd be down to see wet conditions added to Tokyo Expressway - South, since we already seem to have them for East and Central. Perhaps we could even get a North, West, and Outer Loop layout as well.

-As for returning courses, I've already said Apricot Hill would be a shoe-in, as I don't see it requiring much in the way of modifications. I think it could be great for online racing as-is!

-Beyond that, I can't really think of any other GT-original courses that couldn't be replaced with either another real-world circuit, a new locale, or the same locale but with a different layout. The last one would especially apply to various city courses, as many cities like NYC and Hong Kong have had real-world Formula E courses there. But I get the idea that the general lack of city courses in GTS/GT7 is due to technical limitations. Besides that, I'd like to see some extant circuits from other parts of the world, like Kyalami, Buddh, or Phillip Island. There are still some iconic courses from the USA I'd like to see, like the Indianapolis Speedway and its respective road course. As a long shot, I'm hoping for Lime Rock Park! Then there's the fact that Twin Ring Motegi would be excellent for the Super Formula and WTC 900 events.

-Could a new track be coming at the end of this month? The last round of the upcoming Nations Cup Exhibition Series season is TBA. Alternatively, it could be a one-make for a new car we're getting, but it's way too soon to tell.

2. Racecars

-With the addition of the Audi RS5 DTM, I'd be ecstatic to get the other three "Class One" DTM cars from Mercedes-AMG, Aston Martin, and BMW. I think the three latest GT500 cars can wait, though, at least until there's a "100% turnover" from the current lineup. So that'd likely mean getting the Toyota GR Supra, the Nissan Z, and the Honda Civic Type R-GT. For other Gr.2 cars, I really want to see the Nissan R390 GT1, and perhaps a similar car from Porsche.

-As far as Gr.1 goes, the Toyota GT-One seems obvious enough, as would much more contemporary entries from the LMH/LMDh classes.

-Gr.3 has a lot of options, and I don't just mean modern GT3/GTE racers. There are also the Group 5 cars from the 80s, as we can see with the Nissan Skyline Super Silhouette - this could mean even Lancia could get a Gr.3 car via the Stratos Turbo. Unfortunately, I can only see us getting a "C8 Gr.3" as opposed to the actual GT3 version of the C8; IIRC Pratt & Miller are notoriously hard to work with, and as such, I don't see the Corvette C5-R returning, either. There are also some older GT300 cars that could be fun additions, like one of the Toyota Prius models. Then there's the fact that late-00s/early-10s GT1 cars technically can be in Gr.3, too. Honestly, there are way too many ways I could speculate, even when we limit ourselves to the fact that all Gr.3 cars are rear-wheel drive. (Though I suppose that does rule out the Bugatti EB110 race car from getting into Gr.3, though, as I think it was 4WD.)

-Gr.4? Well, I don't foresee actual GT4 cars being added, though I'd imagine that if a certain automaker wants to join the Manufacturers Cup, they'd have to get a Gr.4 car in some way or form. Then there are the early-90s DTM racers, like the Alfa Romeo we've got, so perhaps the Mercedes-Benz 190E Evo II racecar could join it?

-I don't see Gr.B as being a big concern for me, personally. But it could be neat to get new rally cars modeled on the Porsche 911 Dakar and the Lamborghini Huracan Sterrato - though for the former, we could just get the original rally-spec 959 that became the 911 Dakar's namesake. Not to mention we're still missing some actual Group B icons, like the Lancia Delta S4 or the Renault 5 Maxi Turbo. Then there's the fact that even 90s rally cars can qualify for Gr.B, as exhibited with the ST205 Celica.

-Could there possibly be a "Red Bull X2024"? Who knows.

3. Road Cars

-I could see some truly obscure cars getting added. What about the Vazirani Shul, for example? Or maybe the return of the Ferrari SP1? I have no idea.

-Some automakers really need some more cars, considering either their histories, their more recent models, or both. For example, I really would appreciate the road-going McLaren P1, as well as something like the classic and iconic Alfa Romeo Spider from the 1960s. Maserati could really use more cars, too, like the MC12 - in either road or racing form - and the more recent iteration of the GranTurismo. Even Infiniti could use a car beyond its VGT - perhaps the iconic G35, alongside the more recent Q60 Red Sport. I mean yeah, I know those were originally Nissan Skyline models, but beyond the R30, R31, and the Italian-designed BLRA-3 from the first generation, I don't think people care about Skylines without the GT-R label.

-Then there are cars that could use another version beyond the one we already have. Take, for example, Lamborghini. They have two notably different versions of the Countach, right? So I don't think it'd be beyond expectation to get a production-spec version of the Miura like the SV, as to have a version that's both more affordable, and comes in more colors while still being different aesthetically. This would also apply to the aforementioned road-going McLaren P1, too. Look, if we can get two models of the Renault Clio RS220 Trophy that are only a single year apart, then I certainly think a road-going P1 and production-spec Miura is well within possibility among others.

-We definitely could use the Chevrolet Silverado ZR2 and Dodge Ram Rebel, too, if only to complete the "sport truck" quartet.

-As for the rest, I have no idea. Maybe we could get some of the road-going equivalents of the race cars we already have, such as the BMW M6, the last iteration of the Audi R8, the Audi RS5, the last Volkswagen Beetle, and so on.

4. Concept Cars/VGTs

-Part of why I love the VGT program is that I really have no idea what's coming, especially as evidenced by the most recent two models. That said, I'd appreciate a hybrid version of the Jaguar VGT SV that could enter Gr.1, as well as an all-new Pininfarina car - one that could perhaps go under Pininfarina as its own brand alongside the Battista, rather than something like Fittipaldi Motors. Plus, now that Bertone seems to be revived, we could get both the GB110 and a VGT!

-However, as much as I do like the VGT project, I think we could use some other notable concept cars from both the present and past - but only if they haven't been produced, like the Toyota FT-86 or the 2001 Nissan GT-R Concept. The Toyota MTRC could be a lot of fun, especially with its ability to raise its fuselage when moving from tarmac to gravel. As much as I'd love to get something like the recent Mazda Iconic SP concept, I have no idea if it'll be produced or not, so it may be better to pick concept cars that are solidly in the past, like the Mazda RX500, the Dome Zero, or the Isuzu 4200R.

5. Manufacturers

-I could see Bentley appearing, not only with the Speed 8 that won the 2003 LM24, but perhaps even being part of the Manufacturers Cup with the Continental GT3 and a made-for-game Continental Gr.4.

-Acura could also return with the NSX Type-S, which is quite different from the older 2nd-gen NSX that Honda has at the moment. Not only that, but like Bentley, they could get a Gr.1 car with the ARX-06, as well as some other road cars with the new Integra Type-S and TLX Type-S. Heck, they could also get a UCD-eligible machine with the turn-of-the-millennium USDM Integra Type R that has a different front to the one from Honda.

-Beyond the brands that will likely only have one car from winning an award at SEMA or Pebble Beach, we could also see some more tuners, including in-house ones that are listed separately like Nismo. Sure, we could definitely see an expansion of Nismo's lineup with the 270R and the Skyline GT-R (R33) LM Road Going Version, but I wonder if TRD and Mugen could also get similar treatment? RE Amemiya could potentially get another car or two, as well.

EDIT: I almost forgot Cadillac! I don't think they could enter the Manufacturers Cup unless we get made-for-game Gr.4 and Gr.3 cars, but that's exactly the case for many other automakers. Plus, they could get the V-Series.R LMDh for a Gr.1 machine!

6. Other Stuff

-We are definitely due for more missions, and I'm hoping we'll get more than one pack of them this year. Not only because I think this is where we'll get the 24h races, but also because the final drag mission implies it's only the first of more to come. More endurances could be fun in general, honestly - but only if you don't expect me to drive for over 2hrs straight without the ability to pause it. Still, I see lots of potential.

-The quintet of engine swaps that come with every update are seemingly guaranteed, but I'd personally like to see some expansion for some current engines. For example, I have a spare engine for the Aventador SV - could it potentially get into another Lamborghini model, such as the other Countach?

-Considering Kaz's comments on how many people were playing after Spec II, I don't think we can entirely rule out a "Spec III," either.
You forgot the B-Spec mode, Time Trial missions paid DLC and the track editor because those are also possible.

I'm on the opposide of this, I would like to have an oil lamp, so I know when to change oil.
Also i find it mad that you can’t do an oil change in your garage/settings page. You can casually swap your transmission, suspension, brakes, install turbos and diffs etc - but if you want to change the oil you’ve got to come out of your garage and go somewhere else. Not a game changer but slightly annoying.

Last edited:
2-3 more similar updates as was February in 2024...that's about it..don't expect new circuit location on gt7
I think we can expect those 2 electric cars ( Nissan sony) in 2025 as last updates..and Oct 2025 next instalment trailer/announcement whatever

hope I am very wrong 🤣🤣🤣 as USSUALLY

Last edited:
2-3 more similar updates as was February in 2024...that's about it..don't expect new circuit location on gt7
I think we can expect those 2 electric cars ( Nissan sony) in 2025 as last updates..and Oct 2025 next instalment trailer/announcement whatever

hope I am very wrong 🤣🤣🤣 as USSUALLY

There will proably be another big update this year either next month or when ps5 pro releases, maybe 2 major updates one next month and next in november, the rest will just be 3 car updates i think, but i dont think the updates will slow down until next year, 3 car updates is not strange for gt7 because the first year most of the updates was just 3 cars updates so that dosen’t really needs to mean anything, gt8 is proably revealed june next year, and if you look back at gt sport the updates didin’t really slow down until 2020 where gt7 was revealed and kaz stated in the silhouttes that the updates would slow down

Last edited:
There will proably be another big update this year either next month or when ps5 pro releases, maybe 2 major updates one next month and next in november, the rest will just be 3 car updates i think, but i dont think the updates will slow down until next year, 3 car updates is not strange for gt7 because the first year most of the updates was just 3 cars updates so that dosen’t really needs to mean anything, gt8 is proably revealed june next year, and if you look back at gt sport the updates didin’t really slow down until 2020 where gt7 was revealed and kaz stated in the silhouttes that the updates would slow down
So, when we'll be getting the last decent or big update? Early 2025 probably?

So, when we'll be getting the last decent or big update? Early 2025 probably?
I expect the last big update maybe this year when ps5 pro drops, after that i would guess there is just a couble of smaller updates, here and then

I think we'll get some comparatively more notable stuff in the late spring/early summer, especially as the GTWS and Toyota GR Cup kick off. I'm hoping for more mission sets, too.

Last edited:
I expect the last big update maybe this year when ps5 pro drops, after that i would guess there is just a couble of smaller updates, here and then
since you ussually give very good feedback ... i want your opinnion what could big update in your eyes be? ( maybe it sounds sarcastic, but it is a real question )

from my side of view: last big update could bring
-4 cars
-no new track / maybe layout variation( because I really think, they have nothing else to give for this game )
-2 New events probably 15 lappers with 200000 cr
  • their fixes, which fix nothing
  • couple swaps, with already existing engines

For last big update when ps5 pro dropps, i think we could see, 5-6 new cars,
a new track the last to be added, sophy upgrade for ps5 and ps5 pro,
Raytracing reflections during gameplay and vr improvments for ps5 pro,
Most likely some worthy single player and missions to follow,

I belive we could have a skighly bigger update this month to with 4-5 cars a new track, more events than previous 2 updates, its 2 years anniversary so we see what pd does about it, silhouttes Next weekend so not long wait

I belive we could have a skighly bigger update this month to with 4-5 cars a new track, more events than previous 2 updates, its 2 years anniversary so we see what pd does about it, silhouttes Next weekend so not long wait
Probably the inclusion of a new set of endurance missions of 2-4 hours and a B-spec mode maybe?

what do you think about paid DLC challenge( like hamilton, vettel rb)? Will gt7 get something, or not?

what do you think about paid DLC challenge( like hamilton, vettel rb)? Will gt7 get something, or not?
Thats tough to anwser as paid Hamilton dlc is not anything anyone proably expected for gt sport, but i Will be for a simular kind of thing for gt7 as well, we just dont really know what pd or even Sonys plans are.

Last edited:
Back