What are your most/least favorite car classes?

Canada
Airdrie
My favorites are: A-Class is my favorite since I find the cars are usually well-balanced. S1 is my second favorite. Faster cars but not crazy fast.

My least favorites are: X-Class is my least favorite by far, cars are just too fast/ S2 class is also too fast for me.

My kind-of liked classes are: D-Class and C-Class because of the classic gems you'll usually find there, along with B-Class having some interesting cars in my opinion.

Edit reason: I put B in two categories accidentally.

PS: I drive every drivetrain but AWD.

Last edited:
It's really hard for me to choose...every class can be fun during free roam or offline races against the AI.

For online races, definitely not S2, it's usually too chaotic. Maybe either A or B? I don't race online often though.

But what I can say for sure is...Playground Games in B, C, or D class can actually be a lot of fun. Anything faster is just too much chaos and frustrating. I'd spend too much time seeing my car launched in the air without having any control, and start thinking that having such a mode with simcade physics is such a bad idea (even though it was one of the main things I was looking forward to when Horizon 1 was announced in 2012).

Probably B with A and C tying for second. D is just too slow and anything about A I find to be just tedious to drive, particularly with a gamepad. Like the S1 and especially S2 cars start to feel like piloting a pinball...there is no subtlety or nuance in the handling. Public roads just can't really support that kind of speed, even in a game. I will say I enjoyed driving slower cars more in FH3 because at least they sounded good. The degradation in sound quality in FH4 has made some slower cars undriveable (I just can't listen to the tepid, dull groan of the GMC Syclone in FH4 for instance, a car I loved in FH3) for me.

For the short races, A or S1 class are probably the best for me. For the longer ones, I'm happier to go faster. Running sub-9 minute Goliaths is a huge rush. I don't mind B or C class races if I'm in the right mood, but anything slower is just dull. Also, in the slower cars you really need to momentum race, and the AI is too badly behaved for that.

Latest Posts

Back