What are your 'must have' features for F1 22?

• Thread starter Mercia
  • 11 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
jdeviant1983
As we get closer to the beta program and more details emerging on the game, we're ikely to get an unveiling of the big new features as well as smaller additions and changes that will make it into the final product.

What are you looking for, or even needing to see from this years edition that will make it a buy for you?

Is it mouse support finally on PC? Motion control on console pads? Announcement of PS VR support since it's looking like it's not going to be there at launch?

What announcement are you waiting for the most this year?

For me, unless there's a big step up in multiplayer modes this is a wait and see (and read and watch online) before committing as F1 2021 was shocking in this area as we all know. It's disappointing to find cross-play is not likely to be there at launch which already sends warning signals to me that multiplayer was not a priority.

Usually if this area is poor, I can find some fun in single player but it didn't inspire me last year, so I will be watching the development of 'F1 Life' closely to see if it's something actually worth my time as a player who is most keen on competing with others and not the AI.

Last edited:
  • PS VR
  • Better implementation of budget caps and the financial side of things in My team.
  • Pre-Season test, could earn bonus points from completing for RnD.
  • Young driver tests, if you do a driver career and start in F2, choosing your driver academy should have an impact and give you opportunities to drive an F1 machine in select FP1 sessions and the post season young driver test.
  • More career race distance options.
  • More little in season scenarios in career modes. If you're a number 2 driver, being asked to let the first driver through, or being given a different strategy while racing in a more realistic manner (i.e. being asked to stay out longer to hold other cars up or create a better window). Basically more dynamic in race career scenarios. It can all affect your driver standing within the team, they may not give you upgrades if you don't play ball or may give you bonuses and media praise if you do to improve your acclaim and sportsmanship.
  • Broadcast style overlays.
  • Better driver customisation.
  • A proper livery editor. Even if we still have to use preset, fictional sponsors, at least give us free reign over everything else.
  • 2021 F1 cars.
  • Bring back the classics and integrate them better with career/championship modes.

Last edited:
  • PS VR
  • Better implementation of budget caps and the financial side of things in My team.
  • Pre-Season test, could earn bonus points from completing for RnD.
  • Young driver tests, if you do a driver career and start in F2, choosing your driver academy should have an impact and give you opportunities to drive an F1 machine in select FP1 sessions and the post season young driver test.
  • More career race distance options.
  • More little in season scenarios in career modes. If you're a number 2 driver, being asked to let the first driver through, or being given a different strategy while racing in a more realistic manner (i.e. being asked to stay out longer to hold other cars up or create a better window). Basically more dynamic in race career scenarios. It can all affect your driver standing within the team, they may not give you upgrades if you don't play ball or may give you bonuses and media praise if you do to improve your acclaim and sportsmanship.
  • Broadcast style overlays.
  • Better driver customisation.
  • A proper livery editor. Even if we still have to use preset, fictional sponsors, at least give us free reign over everything else.
  • 2021 F1 cars.
  • Bring back the classics and integrate them better with career/championship modes.
Yep, not bothered about VR personally but everything else there would make the game a whole lot better.

I'd love to see a classics mode or even a DLC with full grids and old school broadcast elements and graphical touches, with original layouts if possible but no idea how much interest there would be in that compared to work that would be needed.

It would be a day 1 buy for me though.

Would love to see the evolution of the car in My Team if you upgrade parts on the car.

Also, choose the style and design direction of the car at the start of the season More downforce to focus on circuits like Monaco, Zandvoort and Hungaroring or less drag with better performance at Jeddah, Monza and Spa.

More involvement from sponsors. Certain sponsors who require a more agressive style (RedBull) or more decent style (Williams).

Better replays.

More a general wish list for future F1 games as we already know some if not most of these won’t be present in F1 22…

• Livery editor for MyTeam/Multiplayer car
  • Ability to choose from more customised parts of the MyTeam car, such as different front/rear wing shapes, different sidepod designs, different steering wheel designs etc.
  • Formula 3 and W Series modes (be good to round off the junior Formulas as well as W Series for a bit more gender diversity in the game)
  • More realistic steering wheel display screens (instead of the same generic one across all cars and teams)
  • Semi-transparent option for the halo when in cockpit camera (more like GT7 and even Project Cars 3 as an extra choice for players)
  • Improved visuals and overall graphics quality on next gen consoles/PC (‘F1 2021’ looks very washed out and dull when compared to other titles including CMs own Grid Legends, GT7 and even earlier F1 games from a few years ago)
  • HDR implementation that actually works and looks half decent.
  • Motion Blur that actually works (works in Grid Legends?)
  • Return of classic cars (why we’re getting supercars over and above classic F1 cars and even F3 in the game baffles me no end)
  • Classic tracks
  • New pre/post race cutscenes, as well as a new in-between race environment (many of these have been recycled year after year and really show their age)
  • A better car setup system (perhaps something similar to Project Cars 2 where you answer questions to your engineer and they make recommended setup changes to the player)
  • Pre-season testing (so every team doesn’t know the cars weaknesses and strengths, or even team performance, until we run the testing and the game can generate a relevant R&D tree based on where we are)

Yep, not bothered about VR personally but everything else there would make the game a whole lot better.

I'd love to see a classics mode or even a DLC with full grids and old school broadcast elements and graphical touches, with original layouts if possible but no idea how much interest there would be in that compared to work that would be needed.

It would be a day 1 buy for me though.
Yeah for sure. It's annoying because they did this with 2013, that had all the old school TV overlays and camera filters, classic tracks etc. I'll never understand why they got rid of it.

Would be nice if I could actually map and use most the buttons of my G923 on Series X Xbox.

Apart from that @MagpieRacer pretty much covers my wishlist.

Don't think so, it can be done on Assetto Corsa Competizione.
Really? Is this maybe a difference between last gen and current gen?

I'd thought the reason console players generally had fewer configurable buttons than PC players was down to hardware limitations rather than decisions made by game designers. If it is the latter then I'm somewhat confused why this may be.

Last edited:
Really? Is this maybe a difference between last gen and current gen?
That's a good point, maybe the limit is the previous gen hardware and due to a game being cross gen it somehow limits the devs.

I second guessed myself after my previous post and went and checked again as I've only just aquired ACC and not played it much yet But sure enough I had mapped the rotary dial to engine maps and the + - buttons as well

If it is the latter then I'm somewhat confused why this may be
Me too, I hope it's not a license issue or worse yet devs not being bothered.

Latest Posts

Back