What BB Gun Should I Get?

United Kingdom
Peterborough
Silent7Sniper7
I go shooting with my dad and have my own 22. Air Rifle but because I can only use it at a family friends farm I was thinking of getting a BB gun to mess about with.

So does anyone know a cheap good website or any good gun that's no more than £25 - £30.

Or should I go to a market that sells them dead cheap but some are illegal?

G10. Packs a punch and can fire lead pellets. On the mark at £30 but I can't be sure they still make them.

I had one as a kid and can confirm that it'll pierce skin at 20m! Reasonable quality, lots of fun.

I bought one [BB gun] about 6 months ago to shoot cans off my balcony. Laser scope and 1000 BBs. £3. China has it's perks. :sly:

Knowing next to nothing about guns I'll skip the recommendations but anyone who says this is a good idea
Or should I go to a market that sells them dead cheap but some are illegal?
is out of their mind.

I think the markets / boot sales will be some of the only places, apart from online, where the G10 may be available. They won't be illegal but if they're faulty there's no way of returning it.

TB
Knowing next to nothing about guns I'll skip the recommendations but anyone who says this is a good idea
is out of their mind.

They're only illegal because of the colour but I'll probably get one online. There's one i really like, its styled like a desert eagle has a scope and only costs £12.99 :) but its single shot so i dunno?

Its called an M39G, comes with some awesome add-on's. Should i get it?

Last edited:
If you must 👍

But be very very carefull, UK firearms laws are mental now, if you get caught carrying that you will get done for it, counts as an imitation firearm and you will do time for it!

Get a paintball marker. BB guns are for little boys.

Edit: I'm laughing my ass off at the comment above me and then I see my Harry Brown avatar :lol:

Seriously BB guns are fine as long as they are not brandished in public or used for bad. I've had plenty of them.

The Harry Brown stretch isn't as crazy as it seems. I'm from a London suburb where guns do exist in certain circles.

My brother and I once met a lad, now locked up for unmentionable things being a sort of gangster type, not my usual company, and this guy was showing off to us his REAL 6 shot revolver! That was scary, very scary. We didn't hang around to find out if it was loaded.

Anyhow, a single shot is all you'll get for that sort of money. Expect it to be made mostly of plastic and if it shoots leads then make sure it has a decent barrel. They can shred a poor quality gun in under 100 shots.

For the record - I'm not a gun nut, I've had a little experience with guns, I don't really like them but they fascinate me and I've played a bit.

Get a paintball marker. BB guns are for little boys.

Edit: I'm laughing my ass off at the comment above me and then I see my Harry Brown avatar :lol:

Or get both in one : RAM guns. Awesome stuff. Was my backup gun (p99) in Paintball 👍 but it is out of the price range you looking for. As always, you get what you paint for. out of my childhood memoires KWC is a good brand to go.

I do own an Air Rifle that I use when I go hunting, I think i'm clever enough to not get arrested. All I want 1 for is to mess about in my garden & when my mate gets his there will be 10 of us so 5 v 5 :D

Daisy Power Line 880 is what I had and the equal is the Crossman 760. Check out the video.

I like the Daisy 880.

Seriously BB guns are fine as long as they are not brandished in public or used for bad. I've had plenty of them.

The Harry Brown stretch isn't as crazy as it seems. I'm from a London suburb where guns do exist in certain circles.

My brother and I once met a lad, now locked up for unmentionable things being a sort of gangster type, not my usual company, and this guy was showing off to us his REAL 6 shot revolver! That was scary, very scary. We didn't hang around to find out if it was loaded.

Anyhow, a single shot is all you'll get for that sort of money. Expect it to be made mostly of plastic and if it shoots leads then make sure it has a decent barrel. They can shred a poor quality gun in under 100 shots.

For the record - I'm not a gun nut, I've had a little experience with guns, I don't really like them but they fascinate me and I've played a bit.

There's actually a fair amount of semi auto hand guns for about £20 & for £40 I found a set with an M4 semi & fully auto & a single shot colt hand gun. Plus loads of add on like sights, grip.

(Thanks for putting the posts together TB, didnt think about that)

Last edited:
By BB gun I guess you mean airsoft gun? U.K law states that unless you can provide a defence (you can't unless you regularly play airsoft and have a UKARA membership) that at least half of the gun must be painted in a bright colour.

If you spray over the bright colour or swap the brightly coloured parts for regular coloured parts, by law you are manufacturing a firearm and the case will be treated in the same way as it would with a real firearm. Simply put, you'd be in deep doggy doo-doo.

Plenty of retailers will spray any airsoft gun you choose to meet the requirements of the law for a small charge.

What type of gun in particular are you interested in? Spring powered, electric (AEG), gas? Pistol, submachinegun, assault rifle, sniper/target rifle?

It's important to get the details right because getting them wrong could put you behind bars for illegal possessing a firearm!

Back