What car do you recomend?

  • Thread starter Thread starter M3one
  • 28 comments
  • 2,009 views
Messages
120
Spain
Madrid - Spain
Messages
M_3one
I'm in a championship which will start next January, and I have to decide what car I'm going to drive. The car can have until 620 PP, and cars like Peugeot 908 are not allowed. So, what car do you think could be the best (the fastest)?
As you guess, this could be the most important decition in all season, and if I choose a bad car...
I'm wondering to take the GT by Citroën Road Car (I think is better than the Race Car) or the Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II
Thx!
 
Nissan R35 GT-R TC.
 
The Zzii is good , the amuse s2000 is good
 
Either the above-mentioned R35 GT-R TC or an NSX JGTC car.
 
More opinions?
The ranking :)

  • Nissan R35 GT-R TC (6 Votes)
  • ZZII (2 Votes)
  • Amuse S2000 (3 Votes)
  • NSX JGTC (1 Vote)
  • Audi R8 LMS (1 Vote)
  • RX7 LM (2 Votes)
  • Ford gt lm spec II test (2 Votes)
 
Last edited:
Buy several cars and test them to see which car you like best. Fastest isn't always the best car to choose. If you pick a car simply because its fast but handles poorly you won't enjoy driving it especially if your entering it into an endurance race.
 
Buy several car and test them to see which car
Yes, but first I want to do a pre-selection, I don't have time to test all cars :dopey:
BTW, what do you recomend? :)
 
What track or types of track are you racing on?

I like the 4wd if you are on some twisty slower tracks but a more high speed would maybe let me entertain the idea of a FR car.

All of the above mentioned cars are excellent and I also like the GT500 cars.
 
Try a road car, give yourself a bit of a challenge, presuming your racing against Ford GT LM Race Cars and the like. Tuned GT-R perhaps? Viper?
If not the the Audi R8 LMS would be a good choice.
 
Try the s2000 turbo, it's all round pretty good and has good built in traction
 
Definitely recommend the R35 tc, but would also like to put forward the RX7 tc or gtr concept lm model as good alternatives. They're not quite up to the same level as the R35 but I enjoy them just as much.
Another possible alternative being the tuned gtr black edition gt academy, has the gt500 levels of adjustable downforce and would make for an unusual choice.
 
Ford gt lm spec Ii test car because it got everything a race car got and it got tons of power when you want it.
 
^^ agreed with the above... very versatile vehicle.
RX7 LM
Alfa Romeo 155 2.5 V6 TI '93. ( lacking PP/HP against the big boys, but can hold its own on the right tracks )
 
Last edited:
I still dont know the tracks, but could be from Trial Mountain to Fuji. I'm gonna try the R35 and the S2000 vs the ford GT lm spec II and I'll tell you guys.

Thanks a lot!!
 
I agree with dante, The Ford GT LM spec II Test car is definitely worth considering, it's an awesome car
 
I cant take the Ford gt lm spec II test, there is one guy who already have it :(. I can take the Ford gt lm spec II, which for me it's also pretty good.
 
I'll second the GT-R (R35) TC if you can drive TC cars. It's fairly beastly.
 
Yesterday I tried what some people call “the beast”:

Online room
Circuit: Trial Mountain
Limited to 620PP
Medium racing tyres
Real grip
TCS 1
ABS 0
Cars: Ford GT LM Race Car (no the test one) vs Nissan GT-R R35 TC

Best laps:
Ford GT LM Race Car 1.19.698
Nissan GT-R R35 TC 1.19.699

I started with the Nissan. I didn´t have so much time, so I took a set up from www.adrenatune.com. My first impression was the amazing grip of this beast. You can easily drive it on the line and it’s really difficult to loss the control. In 20 minutes I got the best lap and I tried the Ford.
The Ford is a car that I have driven so many times, and I know perfectly how to get the best of it. When I began, I felt the car really unstable compared with the Nissan (it was because the ABS was set to 0, I didn’t realize until I finished the test :ouch: ) but I finally could handle it and did a good lap.
My feelings after this test is that, imo, the Nissan understeers too much. It has great grip, easy to control, but very straight. I haven’t worked on the set up and I don’t know how much it can be solved. The ford doesn’t have this problem, and I feel it a little bit faster, more unstable, but I don’t think it’s a problem.
The conclusion that I get is that I have to continue testing :D and for sure the times can be lowered, but what do you think? Does the GT-R understeer to much? Have you tried any of those cars in Trial Mountain?
 
If you're racing at Trial Mountain I recommend the HSV if you have it, if not it's around €1. I have driven Trial Mountain extensively and find that car great there.
 
Seeing those lap times, the Ford GT LM Race Car is clearly faster than the GT-R R35 TC. :P

But seriously, there's something to be said for the rock solid stability of the GT-R... worst case, you'll swing wide in a turn and scrape/hit the wall, losing perhaps a few seconds. With the Ford's instability you could completely lose control and wipe out, losing perhaps 10+ seconds. Yes the Ford may be more fun to drive I'm just saying consider the pros and the cons. Good luck in the championship series... remember you don't have to win every race to win the championship -- consistency is key.
 
One of the circuits will be Trial Mountain, but the others will be more like suzuka, Nurburgring GP, Fuji… I love Trial Mountain because it reminds when I was playing GT1 :)
I totally agree DGXR, the most important is consistency, but I feel really comfortable driving the Ford and I don’t usually have mistakes, but the R35 is more stable and it could help at any time in the championship… Yesterday I tested both cars, in Trial Mountain again. This time I had more time, so I thought I could resolve my doubts… deluded.

Online room
Circuit: Trial Mountain
Limited to 620PP
Medium racing tyres
Tyre wear OFF
Real grip
TCS 1
ABS 1
Cars: Ford GT LM Race Car (no the test one) vs Nissan GT-R R35 TC

Best laps:
Ford GT LM Race Car 1.18.6xx
Nissan GT-R R35 TC 1.18.4xx

Looking at the times there is a significant difference of 2 tenths, but the true is that I spent much more time with the R35. In fact, with the Ford I only did 10 or 12 laps and I could beat the time the of the Ford. I started with the R35 and did a 1.19.0. I changed to the Ford and did the 1.18.6 and I started seriously to tone the R35. The default suspension is quite good and I couldn’t reduce the understeer problem that it has at the exit of the corners, so I put some ballast on the rear part and I reduce also the rear wing, increasing the power to get the 620PP. With this changes I felt the car better, less stable but easier to put it on the line, and I get the 18.4.

I think this is not finished, the R35 is more stable but (although the times) I feel it slower. I’ll tell you :)
 
Try one of the SuperGT/JGTC NSX's. The ARTA NSX destroys small, tight tracks. Perfect traction, controllable oversteer - or you can tune it out completely, usable 1st and 2nd gears, perfect breaks, and decent acceleration. Trial Mountain: 1:17.80x on R3, 1:18.9xx on R2 tires. I'm not the best driver, so your times may be much faster.
 
Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II is the best. Thread finished :lol:
Seriously, I spent many time tuning the R35 and I easily get better times with the Ford, so no way, Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II is an autentic beast, and if someone wants to refute it, I'll be glad to challenge him :cool:
 
The McLaren F1 Race car is always good and is very easy to race at speed. Another great choice is the Honda NSX Prototype GTLM. Added HP allows you to get near the limit.
BANG
 
I you allowed it the Nissan Calsonic IMPUL GT-R (SUPER GT) ’08 is a fine car, with a lovely sound too! Add a turbo to get up to 620pp and you have a car that while, not the fastest in a straight line, handles well and is easy to drive at the limit.

I recently won a three lap Nurb 24hr race against a Jaguar XJR-9 LM Race Car ’88 which overtook me on the first lap on the long straight near the end of the lap, nearly caught me in the same place on lap two and was 5 seconds behind me at the finish line. I was clocking 181mph in clean air on that straight going up to 196 in the Jag's slip stream after he passed me. I had 5th set for 182 and a short 6th gear for just this eventuality. From running a Jag in this race before I know it was clocking comfortably over 200mph on that straight, he certainly passed me at a fair old clip! While I was clocking 181mph.
 
There is a tuning contest going on right this moment for 625PP racecars on RM tires so you might want to look there for some options. Not all cars are allowed in the contest as you'll see, but the Ford GT is there and the Viper Team Oreca and they are neck and neck for the lead at the moment. Because it's a tuning contest you also get awesome tunes to go along with it so that's where I'd start.

Here's a link to my tune for the [post=7884511]Dodge Viper GTS-R Team Oreca Race Car [/post]. Tuned specifically for Monza with low downforce and high HP on RM tires, it'll do 1:39's there easily in good hands. Check the first couple of posts for links to the Ford GT tunes as well and you can read reviews while you are at it.
 
There is a tuning contest going on right this moment for 625PP racecars on RM tires so you might want to look there for some options. Not all cars are allowed in the contest as you'll see, but the Ford GT is there and the Viper Team Oreca and they are neck and neck for the lead at the moment. Because it's a tuning contest you also get awesome tunes to go along with it so that's where I'd start.

Here's a link to my tune for the [post=7884511]Dodge Viper GTS-R Team Oreca Race Car [/post]. Tuned specifically for Monza with low downforce and high HP on RM tires, it'll do 1:39's there easily in good hands. Check the first couple of posts for links to the Ford GT tunes as well and you can read reviews while you are at it.

Thanks johnny! it's really what I was looking for. I'm going to follow that thread. The results of Monza tell that the Ford GT is faster, for both tuners. Lets see what happen in SPA...
Thanks again and good luck ;)
 
Back