What car/s will you not miss if it is not in fh5?

• Thread starter drouid2
  • 18 comments

drouid2

(Banned)
Canada
Canada
As usual there will always be cars that just wont make the cut in the next forza game. Which one do you think wont be missed if it doesn't get added to the game?
Couple I think I wont miss if it's not added are:

Austin taxi
Bentley 8 liter
Bentley 4 1/2 liter
reliant regal super van III. only reason i know of it was its use in mr bean. ( he just doesn't like it)
refuses to get a lift in it when he needed one lol

All cars make sense in fh4 but since game is in Mexico it will just make less sense if they were added to the game.

Last edited:
BJackson
Hoonigan
James Bond
Any Forza Series Reward cars.
some cars from bjackson and james bond pack i enjoyed... dont mind if the "bjackson bronco dissapears. nor the 2cv from the bond pack. still loved the cx75 jag and the convertible (not) plymouth cuda.

In all seriousness, I wouldn't mind it if the convertible variant of the supercar was gone.
As was the case with the FH1 DLC, these models seemed to me to be mere padding of the car list. (Ditto for Firsta and Hoonicorn in the different livery of Hoonigan)

The same goes for the 911, 356, 458/488 and Aventador variants. (I understand that these models are of value to hypercar enthusiasts. But is it worth deleting a model that has only appeared in one type, and instead protecting several 911s of the same generation/different trim levels?)
I have basically the same opinion about the Mustang variants, but it is also true that these models were worthy alternatives to improve the Forza's poor visual upgrade options.
As such, I would prefer to see these models removed and their body kits added to the base model instead.

And like the OP, I believe some of the UK made models will be removed in FH5.

I don't think the Reliant will be deleted as it is a sort of mascot like the Ford Supervan.
However, I believe that many of the classic British cars like the Austin FX4, Ford Transit, and Hillman Imp will be removed in FH5.
I loved those cars, but if they were to remove a car from the car list for any reason other than licensing issues, one of the top candidates would be the classic British cars.
Just like many of the Australian cars were removed from the car list in FH4.
That's a very sad guess, but we have to accept it as inevitable.

In all seriousness, I wouldn't mind it if the convertible variant of the supercar was gone.
As was the case with the FH1 DLC, these models seemed to me to be mere padding of the car list. (Ditto for Firsta and Hoonicorn in the different livery of Hoonigan)

The same goes for the 911, 356, 458/488 and Aventador variants. (I understand that these models are of value to hypercar enthusiasts. But is it worth deleting a model that has only appeared in one type, and instead protecting several 911s of the same generation/different trim levels?)
I have basically the same opinion about the Mustang variants, but it is also true that these models were worthy alternatives to improve the Forza's poor visual upgrade options.
As such, I would prefer to see these models removed and their body kits added to the base model instead.

I don't think the Reliant will be deleted as it is a sort of mascot like the Ford Supervan.
However, I believe that many of the classic British cars like the Austin FX4, Ford Transit, and Hillman Imp will be removed in FH5.
I loved those cars, but if they were to remove a car from the car list for any reason other than licensing issues, one of the top candidates would be the classic British cars.
I would hate to lose the classic Mini, Morris Minor, Traveller or Countryman. I doubt the latter two would make the cut though.

Last edited:
Personally, I think the list could be thinned out by removing some of the "plain jane" supercars. For example, do I need a Ferrari 488 GTB and a 488 Pista? I would suggest not, since once you have a Pista, would you drive the cooking model? Lower down the spectrum, the waters are a bit muddier, because people want to drive their real-life car in the game, and I think that's fine.

I don't understand the Lego thing at all, so I think they can go. I would not expect to see a Lego car in my game if I don't have the Lego expansion pack. I know in T10's mind, they think "Ah ha, if the player sees a Lego Chiron, it will remind them that the Lego expansion is live, and they will buy it." But I think "WTF is that stupid thing doing in my game? There's a reason I haven't bought this expansion pack."

Similarly, I don't understand why "Preorder" cars are different to the normal edition. And I think we could lose the gaming-crossover cars (the Cyberpunk thing that I've driven once, the Warthog and the Quartz Regalia). Note that I love the Warthog, but it's totally OP for a class 7 car in the Eliminator. And the Regalia is just ridiculous.

But generally, I'm a "live and let live" kinda guy. More cars in the list means more chance of having the cars that I want. I don't particularly mind that this then means that there are loads of cars that I'm completely uninterested in, because those cars could be menaingful for other players.

I think the convertible versions actually are more suited to the Horizon games and should stay. They work with the idea of this being a game where you can just cruise around the map if you don't want to race, kind of like the Test Drive games.

Nearly every existing car that doesn’t make the transition, and many of them probably won’t judging by the FH4 launch. FH4 lost several cars that were in FH3, and after three years of post-release support there’s still more than a handful missing. Now, someone might chime in and say “licensing limitations is a factor we have to live with”, but I’d rather not then and skip FH5 entirely.

Edit: I wrote that under the impression the thread was about cars I’d miss.

Last edited:
I think the convertible versions actually are more suited to the Horizon games and should stay. They work with the idea of this being a game where you can just cruise around the map if you don't want to race, kind of like the Test Drive games.
Especially since they are finally implementing the ability to raise and lower Convertible tops while Driving in FH5, That is more incentive to keep them in.

• Welcome Pack cars: Identical cars bought for free (once) from the Autoshow with buffed stats and that's it.
  • LEGO cars: They blatantly clash with Horizon's art-style.
  • Pre-Order cars: Gifted Autoshow cars with buffed stats and engine swaps absent from their original variants.
  • Forza Edition cars: Once obtained, they make the original ones redundant, with a few exceptions.
  • Formula Drift cars: Their power figures can be achieved by most Autoshow cars.
  • 1965 Hoonicorn Version 1: The paintjob is the only feature that makes it distinct from Version 2. Let the V2 replace it and inherit it's paintjob.
  • 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS BJ Edition: Pre-tuned restomodded muscle car that cannot be relegated to C/B class like it's original counterpart. Plus, you can make it's original sibling look like one of them.
  • 2014 VW Beetle GRC: It's 2017 sibling makes it a redundant addition to Horizon's roster.
  • 2015 Mercedes-Benz Race Truck: Understeery mess that is only good on straights, something a well-tuned sports car can achieve without dying on corners.
  • 2016 Volvo Iron Knight: Same as MB Race Truck.
Edit: fixed grammar.

Last edited:
some cars from bjackson and james bond pack i enjoyed... dont mind if the "bjackson bronco dissapears. nor the 2cv from the bond pack. still loved the cx75 jag and the convertible (not) plymouth cuda.
I think the Cuda should stay, IF we get to lower the roof now.

NOW that we get control over convertible roofs you want these variants gone?

And while more car variety instead of having a ton of the same can be good, I have found myself liking more "basic" looking cars more lately. Still can be sporty, even supercar, or hypercars, but not look too exaggerated. And these higher-end versions all look more exaggerated (they HAVE to be, I know it HAS a poit, for aerodynamics and such, but I don't like it), so I would usually prefer the basic versions. The better versions can be good prize cars too, and ones I wouldn't want, which would mean the game wouldn't hold me hostage as much, with it's real-world-time limited event, and it's prizes. They can still be good to make money by selling them, but if I get far into the game, I can not bother, relax and play something else.

And about the Australian cars removed from 4, I think it was a shame, since at least they would have been, correctly for the setting, RHD, as opposed to many of the British and Japanese cars in-game.

At least now that won't be a problem. Many are LHD, fitting for the new setting, and the ones that aren't, well, they're in their original configuration. Some weren't available in LHD, and some will just look like an imported model for that JDM/Euro cred.

I think the Cuda should stay, IF we get to lower the roof now.

NOW that we get control over convertible roofs you want these variants gone?
i meant the cuda convertible should stay. I was joking that we cant really have the roof taken down in fh4... love it if the older s2000's could get convertible roof options too (well we can open them just the roofs disappear in forzavista... nice if they get the proper animations of having the roof raised/lowered)

Last edited:
Cars which I don't care about one slight bit :
  • all LEGO cars
  • all Hot Wheels
  • all James Bond cars (but keep the real life counterparts in!)
  • all Forza edition cars (but keep the normal versions in!)
  • all gaming franchise cars (Warthog, both Regalia's, Quadra Turbo-R)
  • all duplicate cars (we have 2x Hoonicorn Mustang, 2x drift Ford Mustang RTR, 2x Hoonicorn Ford Focus RS RX)

Cars which are okay but not really my cup of tea for a Forza Horizon game :
  • all high power classic/modern racing cars (Lola T70, Volkswagen IDR, Porsche 917 LH, 917/20 etc), these are fantastic cars but they don't work in FH, keep them for FM. The lesser powerful vintage racers are fine for FH.
  • crazy track toys like the Ariel Atom, Ultima Evo, Radical RXC (personal taste, I'm fine with the cars being in the game but they are not my thing)

Last edited:
I'm generally not a Hoonigan fan. Now, this doesn't mean I hate them, just that they don't do anything for me - so if they disappeared, it wouldn't be a big deal to me.

Cars which I don't care about one slight bit :
  • all LEGO cars
  • all Hot Wheels
  • all James Bond cars (but keep the real life counterparts in!)
  • all Forza edition cars (but keep the normal versions in!)
  • all gaming franchise cars (Warthog, both Regalia's, Quadra Turbo-R)
  • all duplicate cars (we have 2x Hoonicorn Mustang, 2x drift Ford Mustang RTR, 2x Hoonicorn Ford Focus RS RX)

Cars which are okay but not really my cup of tea for a Forza Horizon game :
  • all high power classic/modern racing cars (Lola T70, Volkswagen IDR, Porsche 917 LH, 917/20 etc), these are fantastic cars but they don't work in FH, keep them for FM. The lesser powerful vintage racers are fine for FH.
  • crazy track toys like the Ariel Atom, Ultima Evo, Radical RXC (personal taste, I'm fine with the cars being in the game but they are not my thing)
You 100% accurately wrote what I think. 👍

Forget my previous answer as I misread the thread title.

I have some I could mention, but Terradyne Gurkha takes the prize. I’m still not sold on FH5, so maybe I won’t miss any. 🤔

Last edited:
Back