I know most race cars can't be painted, but what about F1 cars or the X2010? Is there a general rule for what type of car can and can't be painted?
This is an area PD could really improve on (as others have mentioned) allowing custom work to be done, I mean its pretty simple for them to put in, tons of other games have it. I have gotten over the stupid paint chip system, but let us paint cars how we want at least. I think it was Need for Speed that had a bunch of graphics to choose from and decals from sponsors already in the game, so in GT5 that would be like letting us make a Redbull Ferrari if we wanted... and letting us choose more carbon parts or same color spoiler!
This is an area PD could really improve on (as others have mentioned) allowing custom work to be done, I mean its pretty simple for them to put in, tons of other games have it. I have gotten over the stupid paint chip system, but let us paint cars how we want at least. I think it was Need for Speed that had a bunch of graphics to choose from and decals from sponsors already in the game, so in GT5 that would be like letting us make a Redbull Ferrari if we wanted... and letting us choose more carbon parts or same color spoiler!