What cheat device do I need?

MustangXS
MustangXS
I've got a 100% carreer + all cars unlocked in arcade mode game save for NTSC, and it says it's "Max Drive" save (got this from gamefaqs).

What kind of device do I need to use this? I'm assuming I need something to plug into my computer (USB key) so I can transfer this file over.

What should I buy to use it though? Should I buy an Action Replay Max Drive? Is that what I need? I haven't seen these in stores, I think I would have to get one off ebay.

How's this? Would this work with the savegame I downloaded and plug in to the PS2 to give me that game save?

1356772.jpg

What about this one?

1356771.jpg

What's the difference between this one and the one above? I see this one has a memory card instead of the USB key.

That's the difference.

The MaxDrive is a USB pen drive which you can use to transport gamesaves, replay files and what-have-you from/to PS2 to/from PC. The ARMax is JUST a cheat device - you'll get nowhere trying to transfer that save with it.

Ok I can see how this works.

So, basically you can plug the MaxDrive into the PC, and you can plug it into the USB of the PS2 as well to get stuff from it?

Would a regular USB pen work? (i assume the MaxDrive has some special thing to work with the PS2?).

No - a regular pen won't work. Yes - the MaxDrive has a software disk which allows it to work like this.

It is amazingly useful... Never worry about losing your GT4 gamesave data again...

Funny you should say it won't work. I was just talking on IRC on a PS2 channel on efnet, and they said a regular pen will work with the .max file I downloaded.

Though you say it won't work.

I want to give it a try to see if it does work, though I doubt it would. I have to wait till my dad gets home though cause he's got the only usb pen we have.

Just my 2 cents.

The AR Max does not work with all USB sticks. I have a 128mb usb drive that refused to work with it. I recently got a USB adaptor for my SD card off ebay - just plugged it in and was pleasantly surprised to find it worked.

So now I have a 256mb drive that works with AR Max instead of a 16mb drive that came with it.

MustangSVT
Funny you should say it won't work. I was just talking on IRC on a PS2 channel on efnet, and they said a regular pen will work with the .max file I downloaded.

Though you say it won't work.

I want to give it a try to see if it does work, though I doubt it would. I have to wait till my dad gets home though cause he's got the only usb pen we have.

You can get the file from the PC onto the pen drive no problem. But how will you get it off and onto your memory card at the other end?

Famine
You can get the file from the PC onto the pen drive no problem. But how will you get it off and onto your memory card at the other end?

You can use Exploit and LaunchElf to do it but setting it up and using it is a bit tricky.

Latest Posts

Back