What Cockpit? £500 Budget

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have just bought a Fanatec GT DD Pro for my son and I'm looking for a cockpit that suits this set up.

I have a budget of around £500 for the cockpit/seat

I was going to get the Playseat Evolution but after reading some reviews it looks like it's bit unstable for the Fanatec and can tip over due to its weight.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

I have these XROCKER and next level wheel stand. It's easy for my old body to get in/out of. Not hard to move wheelstand folds with wheel mounted, made some adjustments for wheel to make it feel better. It fits me and my 8 year old grandson. The seat is OK but my body hurts from RA arthritis so I do have to get out of it. I can go for 1-2 hours but my body will let me know the next day. I can race for several hours if I take breaks. I'm using the G29 wheel

Attachments

• 20230912_102445.jpg
    20230912_102445.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 20230912_102438.jpg
    20230912_102438.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 21
I have the titan with the older pedal tray (my first sim rig) which could flex under heavy breaking, the new pedal tray should fix that.
It's a decent rig and can handle the gt dd pro at 8NM, the seat choices are limited to gt omegas stuff, for third party seats you might need an adapter/kit.
For taller people it can become uncomfortable for longer (>1h) races due to pedal tray & seat position

for your £500 budget I would recommend the following:

https://trakracer.co.uk/collections/simulators/products/tr80-lite-racing-simulator - £322

and the seat with attachments, slider and mounting bracket:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/153512345103?hash=item23be0c7e0f:g:0dEAAOSwBNpbTgXe - £199 ( I have this seat and very comfortable)

or a small seat, need to be under 34" Waist

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/202372363370?hash=item2f1e55346a:g:0dEAAOSwBNpbTgXe - £179.95

Slightly over budget, but very good quality

Stu

Last edited:
Thanks everyone.

So its between the Titan, Prime Lite and the Tr80 Lite.

Quick question, can the Prime Lite or the Tr80 lite be dismantled easily for storage?

I would need to take off the uprights to be able to store it when not in use.
First of all is this possible without causing damage to the bolt holes or is it only designed to be put together once and left?

Failing that it will have to be the titan as this fits in without being dismantled.

Thanks everyone.

So its between the Titan, Prime Lite and the Tr80 Lite.

Quick question, can the Prime Lite or the Tr80 lite be dismantled easily for storage?

I would need to take off the uprights to be able to store it when not in use.
First of all is this possible without causing damage to the bolt holes or is it only designed to be put together once and left?

Failing that it will have to be the titan as this fits in without being dismantled.
Is it the width or the length of the Prime Lite or TR80 that are the problem? Asking because the dimensions shown for Titan for the length do not include the seat which typically overhangs at the back depending on how tall the driver is, or will be, if your son is still growing.

But no - those rigs are not meant to be disassembled. You could, but it would be a pain in the backside.

Last edited:
How much space do you have to locate the rig permanently?

I have a 58cm wide gap at the end of my sons bed so I was hoping to remove the uprights and slide the majority of the base under the bed and keep the seat sticking out if that makes sense.

I would need to remove the uprights everytime.

Probably pulling it out on a Friday and putting it back under the bed on a Monday every week.

I have a 58cm wide gap at the end of my sons bed so I was hoping to remove the uprights and slide the majority of the base under the bed and keep the seat sticking out if that makes sense.

I would need to remove the uprights everytime.

Probably pulling it out on a Friday and putting it back under the bed on a Monday every week.
TBH if space is an issue you may as well just get a wheel stand. You can use any chair unless you've got a load cell then in which case you'd need to hold it in place. I wouldn't have bought my Prime Lite if I had to dismantle it a bit every time.

Latest Posts

Back