What could a GT7 Mid Field Raceway look like?

• Thread starter Nismonath5
  • 13 comments

Nismonath5

Premium
New Zealand
South Auckland, New Zealand
Nismonath5
Much to the delight of GT fans everywhere, GT7 is bringing back some of our favorite tracks from days gone by. First it was Trial Mountain, then High Speed Ring, now of course Deep Forest has been confirmed.

The only thing is, every track so far has had some revamps that make them fairly different to their original counterparts.

With that in mind, what could Mid Field look like in GT7? I can't see much that could get changed, it's already a beautiful track and I wouldn't want anything to change!

images (8).jpeg

Doesn’t look like much can be done.

More helicopters perhaps? More barbecues on the main straight?

Its worth pointing out that the two most heavily modified original tracks are ones that weren't already given the same treatment as High Speed Ring, Apricot Hill or Mid-Field Raceway were in GT5 and GT6. Even in the few shots of High Speed Ring, it mostly appears to be scenery with at best one corner having abit of banking. I don't see Mid-Field having alot done to it apart from trackside details since its already in a state that's modern.

There would be less foliage, turn one would be a needlessly acute hairpin, the turn 5 tunnel would somehow be turned into a bridge and turn six would be reprofiled into a right-angled double left-hander with no gravel trap.

Last edited:
Changes I think they should make: more runoff on most corners so that people don't bounce off walls and come flying back onto the track. Dealers choice whether it's gravel or tarmac, both have advantages and disadvantages but I'd lean towards gravel simply because the potential for rollovers or getting stuck doesn't exist in a game.
Possibly remove the camber on turn 2? I like the camber on T1 so that people can send it around the outside, but I think the price for that should be then having to find your way through T2 side by side without the track helping you.
Maybe turn the double apex through the tunnel into a single apex? Either just a constant radius, or a tightening corner would be interesting. I think the double apex leads to a lot of beginner players getting caught out with where they should be on the track and who should be giving who space and so isn't particularly worth it in a tight spot on the circuit with no possibility for running wide.

Changes I think they would make: Hairpin at turn 1, bigger chicane into the hairpin at the far end of the circuit, extra tunnel between turns 2 and 3, four new bridges that migrate randomly around the circuit, procedurally generated extension from turn 6 into a parallel dimension to make the track (approximately) 74.324 kilometres long, new lore to establish that the track is in fact set on the fourth planet of Alpha Centauri.

Much to the delight of GT fans everywhere, GT7 is bringing back some of our favorite tracks from days gone by. First it was Trial Mountain, then High Speed Ring, now of course Deep Forest has been confirmed.

The only thing is, every track so far has had some revamps that make them fairly different to their original counterparts.

With that in mind, what could Mid Field look like in GT7? I can't see much that could get changed, it's already a beautiful track and I wouldn't want anything to change!

View attachment 1097748
It will be probably look like any other tracks in GTSport. I don't know if it's because of their new engine but I feel like they're losing the uniqueness of each location. Every fictional track has that same vibe to them.

Last edited:
Changes I think they would make: Hairpin at turn 1, bigger chicane into the hairpin at the far end of the circuit, extra tunnel between turns 2 and 3, four new bridges that migrate randomly around the circuit, procedurally generated extension from turn 6 into a parallel dimension to make the track (approximately) 74.324 kilometres long, new lore to establish that the track is in fact set on the fourth planet of Alpha Centauri.
And the classic mario kart style jump.

Back