What Course Maker updates would you like to see?

• Thread starter Grippy
  • 8 comments

Grippy

(Banned)
Australia
Australia
Since GT5s Course Maker this one has been a long time coming... and it took around ~2 years to arrive. Now that it is here officially, and most of us can use it with relative ease. I think it's safe to say it's not bad and a decent upgrade from GT5. May not exist on the actual console, but there is some nifty tracks and some downright amazing creations being pushed out by the community. So what improvements would you like to be added to the CM?

My suggestions for TPE:
  • Instead of the whole track having a fixed camber, how about the ability for individual sectors to have a different setting maybe some turns have less and some having more. Similar to the sliders in GT5.
  • Elevation points to be seen in app
  • Ability to have a background image across all themes
  • Ability to set the default time for the track, and hopefully include night time in the available range.
Other:
  • Allow others to save/bookmark the track from within the online lobby
  • More than 30 track save limit

Last edited:
  • Being able to adjust the width of each section of the track
  • Being able to select interpolation mode between anchors (globally as well as locally)
  • Being able to change the roughness of the section (on a scale from smooth to bumpy)
  • Being able to place pre-made building blocks, such as chicanes or intersections
  • Being able to change the trackside wall type (globally, with local exceptions), such as 'None', 'Road Barrier', 'Race Barrier', 'Tyre Barrier', 'Hay Barrier'.
  • Being able to place the road across road that has already been placed, and be able to select wether to make it an intersection, a tunnel or a bridge.

• Being able to adjust the width of each section of the track
  • Being able to select interpolation mode between anchors (globally as well as locally)
  • Being able to change the roughness of the section (on a scale from smooth to bumpy)
  • Being able to place pre-made building blocks, such as chicanes or intersections
  • Being able to change the trackside wall type (globally, with local exceptions), such as 'None', 'Road Barrier', 'Race Barrier', 'Tyre Barrier', 'Hay Barrier'.
  • Being able to place the road across road that has already been placed, and be able to select wether to make it an intersection, a tunnel or a bridge.
There's no need to write anything now, I think you covered everything eran :)

Interface on PS3...
Fake access road junctions onto track
real dirt on track (can be random to simulate the race before having an oil leak and needing a dusting of cement)

Alternate layout fork in the road... make each track combine them and then the game will make a composite junction that retains the feel of where you could be going on both (Like Grand Valley East and Grand Valley at the junctions - You can see where you could go, but the game won't let you.)

Seasonal trees - Autumn Ring in Winter...

A Seasonal skybox would be nice, a really brooding colourful sky can add a lot of flavour to a track seeing as it makes up 50% of the screen.

BIG tree walls - So you can plunge into a forest and burst out of it. Having sight reduction on one or both sides of the track really step up the illusion of velocity (And reduce the load on the game engine to actually punch up the objects when you effectively screen one side of the track.

Placed Cones - Having apex cones at every track can only help people learning it - You can also make them retro with a Goodwood (The Track not the hill climb) Apex Board, or a simple Coulthard style Bollard.

Open source the apps since it's not actual Gran Turismo.
YES It would be a move in the right direction if Polyphony did this, could extend the life of the game ten-fold even after GT7 came out I know I'd be returning to this one for custom tracks. Though not realistic we can dream :cheers:

Back