What did you see today/Guess the machine IT edition

Rallywagon

what a long strange trip
Premium
United States
Michigan
Rallywgn81
It seems there are a few of us IT types on the forum. Given the environment in work in, I happen across tons of old dinosaurs and the equipment that was around in their prime. I hope that many of you also happen to come across the same. It always interesting (to me at least) me to run into old pieces of computer and networking equipment and those that happened to work on them (those are quickly retiring, but there are a a few left I get to converse with). Since we dont have a "What did you see today" thread in the computer section, I thought I would create one to catalog all the neat, old stuff that might still be shelved or even racked in various data centers, comms closets, etc.
I'm adding a little twist though, and making a bit of a game of it. Can you guess the system/equipment?

Here is my start.
Can you guess what this thing is? It had its heyday back in the 90s before the widespread use of broadband.

20191212_100651.jpg

Very close. This would connect to a PBX. This is a Lucent D448 T1 Channel Bank. A channel Bank acts like a trunk. Bridging multiple channels from a PBX into one, higher speed channel.

Back