What Do I Do Now!!

• Thread starter StevieRay
  • 26 comments
I have finished all my licenses(BRONZE). I have done most of the MISSIONS and also most of the RALLY events. I did the Beginner section. I'm about 20% done on day 660. I have about 1,000,000 credits. What's the best route now? What "halls" should I do? Should I buy some powerful cars? I am close to day 694 when the "black" cars show up in the showrooms. Should I collect more credits to buy one or more of these? Thanks for your help....

the black cars aint as good as the originals, so i wouldnt bother getting em

u should just play thru the euro, Japanese and us halls.... then do professional (gt world champ is a bit harder.... go do some enduros (b spec) and win the nissan r92cp (fuji 1000)... then gt world champ is a lot easier)

then off to extreme! hehe

mmmm its really up to u, u do what u want.... u cant really lose whatever way u decide to go

Really? Not as good as the originals?

I'll still get them though. Just because they look so cool :)

You can do anything now, but I suggest getting started in the 900k trick so you can have a nice way of getting income fast.

Edit: Err...it's up to you if u want to buy one of the black cars. Too bad you didn't have enough for all of them already.

u should copy your game save to another card tho.... via ps2 browser... then u can restart if u want to later, without doing all the tedious stuff again

all cars in the used car showrooms arent as good as "new" cars.... their power output aint as good due to the mileage....

the nissan r92cp will cost ya 1.3 mil (i have it hehe), but i still prefer the original

I would do the european hall.Those give you a lot of money.The touring car championship gives you about 900,000 thousand dollars if you sell the car.

If I were you I would find a list of all the cars you win from winning races and just start winning the ones you want. Then do the Professional Hall then a lot of the Extreme Hall can be won easily. When your at 25% start doing the Endurance Hall and B-Spec that and you'll get a lot of money and a lot of good cars.

Do you know about the DTM trick to pile up big bucks in a hurry? If not, here it is:

Run the second Special Condition (Easy) race twice and sell the two Toyota rally cars you'll win. Go to Germany and buy an Opel Astra Touring Car. Buy the Stage 3 NA upgrade. After an oil change you'll have 654 HP. Use this chassis setup:

http://www.gtvault.com/SetupDisplay.cfm?SetupID=0202J844508E887CA06240441

Use all those settings, but also turn the TCS up to 7.

Now go to the European Events and enter the Astra in the Deutsche Touring Car Meisterschaft (DTM), or, in English, the German Touring Car Championship.

B-Spec every event. Set the speed at 4, and leave "Overtake" on. Click R1 to display the map, then click and hold L1 while you D-Pad right to change the speed to x3, or three times normal. Each event will then only take about three minutes. If you choose to monitor things, you can blow through it all in about 17 minutes. When the prize money starts being awarded, press X or Start to speed up the process.

The prize car's resale value is 743,749. You get 15,000 for winning each event, and 75,000 for the championship, so your total haul for less than 20 minutes is 893,749.

Best of all, you can do other things while your B-Spec driver is piling up cash for you, like eating dinner or sorting socks.

Repeat early and often. I like to go through it three times while I'm getting ready for work. That's over 2,500,000 without even playing. At that rate, you can collect a bunch of very expensive cars in a hurry.

(You can use your pile of cash to get an Audi R8 or an '03 Pescarolo C60. The '03 C60 gets great tire life, giving it a big advantage over other Prototypes. Leave the suspension stock, turn off ASM, buy Stage 4 and R1, R2, and R4 tires, and have fun.)

its up to u, but u dont need loadsa money to progress in GT4

i just do the capri rally (easy) with any half decent car.... u get a toyota raid rally thing (265k).... 2 races, 2 laps each.... very easy to get a wad of cash for modding cars in your garage.... and its fun

i got to extreme, and had <1mil cash lol

i restarted now.... trying out cars i didnt get or use 1st time.... the nismo 270r is a great car to use at the start (u win it during the licences, cant remember which)

or go buy an HPA golf in the Tuning Cars shop (costs 32k!)... 631hp modded, it is a luvly little car

but best if u go your own way thru the game.... there isnt a set way to win everything.... just have fun!!

Phil McCavity
its up to u, but u dont need loadsa money to progress in GT4

i just do the capri rally (easy) with any half decent car.... u get a toyota raid rally thing (265k).... 2 races, 2 laps each.... very easy to get a wad of cash for modding cars in your garage.... and its fun

i got to extreme, and had <1mil cash lol

i restarted now.... trying out cars i didnt get or use 1st time.... the nismo 270r is a great car to use at the start (u win it during the licences, cant remember which)

or go buy an HPA golf in the Tuning Cars shop (costs 32k!)... 631hp modded, it is a luvly little car

but best if u go your own way thru the game.... there isnt a set way to win everything.... just have fun!!

I used to do that to horde money too, but you earn more money faster the German touring championship way. 900k in approximately 15 minutes compared to 265k in about 10 mins. Saves lots of time, plus you don't have to drive w/ B-spec. You can just leave it on while watching TV or something and just intervene to go to the next race.

Its propably me missing something blatantly obvious but; how come the Alfa 155 Tourning Car can enter the German Touring Ch'ship in Euro Events?

The 155 is even used as the pic for the entrance picture.

I thought, Maybe its the German Ch'ship but all Tourning cars can enter..so i checked the list of eligible cars but they were all German.

So then I thought I must have gone completely mad thinking that an Alfa was Italian. But NO! Alfa is definetly in Italy......

I then thought that it may be some kind of Vauxhall/Opel thing where Alfa is also German but in a different name..again no such thing!

Plz could someone clear this issue up for me?. Cheers

P.S. If you've won the Opel Calibra, use that - its by far the best Tourning Car in the game(in my opinion) :sly:

^dude, its because the old DTM's used other cars aswell or something. i remember the 155's in a few DTM races. but if im wrong then meh, its a glitch :(

Zardoz
Go to Germany and buy an Opel Astra Touring Car. Buy the Stage 3 NA upgrade. After an oil change you'll have 654 HP. Use this chassis setup:

http://www.gtvault.com/SetupDisplay...887 CA06240441

I visited the gtvault website but couldn't find this setup. The link doesn't work either.

There are 14 setups for the Opel Astra Touring Car but none are #887.

Any help?

Thanks in advance

Zardoz
Do you know about the DTM trick to pile up big bucks in a hurry? If not, here it is:

Run the second Special Condition (Easy) race twice and sell the two Toyota rally cars you'll win. Go to Germany and buy an Opel Astra Touring Car. Buy the Stage 3 NA upgrade. After an oil change you'll have 654 HP. Use this chassis setup:

Regarding those settings; It might be because the US version is diff to UK, but in that setup the Gears are set to Auto 39 and the DForce is set to 1.00/1.16.

Well the Opel Astra Super TC I have (and theres only one in the game :P) cannot go to Auto 36 on gears - only up to 25 and the DForce starts at 23 front & rear and goes up to 36 front and 53 rear with no decimals - ie 1.25 etc.

Anyone know what thats all about? Cheers

The black cars are cheap, that is why i got them, when I finish obtaining all of the cars (only 200 more, mainly race cars over 1 mil $ each) I think I might buy them new.

Hitandrun
Zardoz, whats that link mate? Doesnt seem to work :guilty:

EDIT: I looked at another on the site and kinda worked out that its probably this: http://www.gtvault.com/SetupDisplay.cfm?SetupID=0102J8445086887CA06240441

One thing. It might be because the US version is diff to UK, but in that setup the Gears are set to Auto 36 and the DForce is set to 1.00/1.25.

Well the Opel Astra Super TC I have (and theres only one in the game :P) cannot go to Auto 36 on gears - only up to 25 and the DForce starts at 23 front & rear and goes up to 38 front and 53 rear with no decimals - ie 1.25 etc.

Anyone know what thats all about? Cheers

The settings are all from GT3...you have to guestimate what they should be for GT4. This may have been stated already, but you could also check the Car Tunings & Settings Forum to see if anyone has done one for the car(s) you need. Quite a few cars have been done, or you could request help there.

d3p0
Fuji 1000km is an easier way to make money IMO.

Anyway, StevieRay, just do whatever you want, heh.

Just did 1000km Fuji today..had to A-spec about 50 or so laps, so my loser driver won't lose the race..I gave him a 2 lap head start, by lap 160, he was 26 seconds behind..Lol I used a Minolta, ultra hard in back, hard on front, pace 3 overtake on

Zardoz

Now go to the European Events and enter the Astra in the Deutsche Touring Car Meisterschaft (DTM), or, in English, the German Touring Car Championship.

B-Spec every event. Set the speed at 4, and leave "Overtake" on. Click R1 to display the map, then click and hold L1 while you D-Pad right to change the speed to x3, or three times normal. Each event will then only take about three minutes. If you choose to monitor things, you can blow through it all in about 17 minutes. When the prize money starts being awarded, press X or Start to speed up the process.

The prize car's resale value is 743,749. You get 15,000 for winning each event, and 75,000 for the championship, so your total haul for less than 20 minutes is 893,749.

Best of all, you can do other things while your B-Spec driver is piling up cash for you, like eating dinner or sorting socks.

Repeat early and often. I like to go through it three times while I'm getting ready for work. That's over 2,500,000 without even playing. At that rate, you can collect a bunch of very expensive cars in a hurry.

(You can use your pile of cash to get an Audi R8 or an '03 Pescarolo C60. The '03 C60 gets great tire life, giving it a big advantage over other Prototypes. Leave the suspension stock, turn off ASM, buy Stage 4 and R1, R2, and R4 tires, and have fun.)

Zardoz, I think I love you.......that's just what I've been looking for since getting this game last week - a legal way to rack up plenty of folding stuff!

THANKYOU!
:)

The only good thing the black cars do is unlock the originals in Arcade mode for a cheaper price.

If you want to use a R29CP in arcade mode, buy the black one.
You won't have to do the race for it.

All black cars do this. They're an easier way of getting the cars in Arcade rather than by racing.

Zardoz

Thank you!

I'd kiss you, but I ain't like that.
:sly: :lol:

Jez
Zardoz, I think I love you.......that's just what I've been looking for since getting this game last week - a legal way to rack up plenty of folding stuff!

THANKYOU!
:)

It can be easier, without having to buy a single car. You can either just win the Mercedes CLK Touring Car in the Legend of the Silver Arrow, or just do the Schwarzwald Liga B, and win the Mercedes 190 Evo II Touring Car. Won the DTM in A-spec in that 1992 Mercedes. Then I did the Legend of the Silver Arrow with that car (will do that cup again, with a more competitive car, don't like winning that easy) and won the Mercedes Touring Car from 2000. Put a Turbo on that one, and you'll win the DTM easily, winning lots of cash.:)

Latest Posts

Back