What do you guys make of this?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Boz Mon
  • 3 comments
  • 537 views
Messages
1,478
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2850891179207690407

It's a video of a "new" type of engine that this guy claims to have produced. I think it might be fake but I could be wrong.


P.S. I was going to put this in the video section but I figured that it would get more attention in the cars section. If it needs to be moved, would a mod please do it. :)
 
Definitley fake, at least the first few minutes I watched.
 
Physically impossible. First of all, he says the cylinders are vacuums. Then he contradicts himself by saying the cylinders are filled with Hydrogen and Helium. It is impossible for us to make a perfect vacuum, and if there is any material in it at all, it's not a vacuum. He goes on to say that the cylinders also have the "other five gases", Neon, Argon, Krypton, Xenon, and Radon. There are many other gases on the Periodic Table, these 5 and Helium are just the Noble Gases, or inert gases if you call them that. They don't react with anything.
Some other notable gases that he obviously doesn't know about come from the Halogen group (yes, these gases are pressurized inside of halogen light bulbs, along with a tungsten filament). These five gases are as follows: Flourine (also the gas that occupies flourescent bulbs), Chlorine, Bromine, Iodine, and Astatine.
I just watched another minute or two where he showed his vacuum chamber and explained how a spark inside this empty chamber creates an explosion. That is also quite impossible.
 
Back